Sonoma Raceway's Inaugural NFT Collection Drops to Begin Toyota/Save Mart 350 Weekend
- Sonoma’s 2022 NFT selections debut on Monday, June 6, on RaceDayNFT.com the first digital marketplace for race fans.
- Offerings include Stadium Series, virtual die-casts, commemorative tickets and more.
Sonoma Raceway supporters can mark the return of America’s best drivers and celebrate the facility’s rich history in a new and creative way to kick off the June 11-12 Toyota/Save Mart 350 weekend.
Beginning Monday, June 6, fans can purchase Sonoma-themed NFTs via RaceDayNFT.com, Speedway Motorsports’ original digital marketplace for race fans. An NFT (non-fungible token) is a digital collectible (such as an image or video) that is officially licensed and recorded on the blockchain to demonstrate proof of ownership.
Sonoma Raceway’s full 2022 collection on RaceDayNFT.com include the following scheduled drops:
- MONDAY, JUNE 6, 10 a.m. (PT): 250 animated SR Stadium Series NFTs. PRICE: $5.
- WEDNESDAY, JUNE 8: 100 Speedway Children’s Charities tokens. All proceeds will benefit Speedway Children’s Charities. PRICE: $50.
- THURSDAY, JUNE 9 THROUGH SUNDAY, JUNE 12: 250 SR-themed virtual diecast NFTs. PRICE: $10.
- SUNDAY, JUNE 12: 3,000 commemorative Sonoma ticket NFTs. PRICE: FREE for Sunday ticketholders on a first-come, first-served basis, 250 also available for $5 for all other customers.
“Sonoma Raceway’s NFT collection is an innovative way for fans to be involved in the sport,” said Sonoma Raceway Executive Vice President and General Manager Jill Gregory. “NFTs are one of the most popular collectibles right now and the entire Speedway Motorsports family is leading the charge with this creative web market. We look forward to sharing our Sonoma-themed offerings this week leading up to the Toyota/Save Mart 350.”
In partnership with GigLabs, Speedway Motorsports created RaceDayNFT.com, the original motorsports NFT marketplace for race fans in 2021.
RaceDayNFT.com is built on the environmentally friendly Flow Blockchain, home of other leading sports NFT projects including NBA Top Shot and NFL ALL DAY.
RaceDay NFT is also linked with Dapper Wallet, which allows customers to conduct NFT business with credit cards as well as multiple currencies including popular cryptocurrency options such as Bitcoin and Ethereum.
Speedway Motorsports uses GigLab’s proprietary NFT Bridge platform to create and operate its NFT marketplace. NFT Bridge helps brands remove the complexity of smart contracts, blockchain integration, NFT design and management and event services.
Visit RaceDayNFT.com for more details.
The full June 11-12 Toyota/Save Mart 350 weekend schedule (all times Pacific) includes:
- SUNDAY, JUNE 12: Toyota/Save Mart 350 NASCAR Cup Series race (1 p.m., FS1, Performance Racing Network).
- SATURDAY, JUNE 11: DoorDash 250 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race (4:30 p.m., FS1, Motor Racing Network).
- SATURDAY, JUNE 11: General Tire 200 ARCA Menards Series West race (11:30 a.m.)
For tickets or more information on the Toyota/Save Mart 350, visit www.sonomaraceway.com/events/toyota-save-mart-350/tickets/ or call 800-870-RACE.
Weekend and single-day tickets are available; race-day tickets for kids 12 and under are just $10 and free on Friday and Saturday with the advance purchase of an adult ticket.
Keep up with all the latest news and information at www.sonomaraceway.com/.