Sonoma Raceway continues to provide an exciting and fun, yet secure and safe, environment for the world's greatest racing entertainment. Please take a look at the following policies to help plan your visit. The policies below are regulated and enforced to make sure your visit is safe and stress-free.
All security measures are subject to change without notice.
An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present, including the Sonoma Raceway. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. People who show no symptoms may spread COVID-19 and therefore any event where people are present may pose heightened risk of contracting COVID-19. If you are considered a high-risk person as defined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), you may be especially vulnerable to COVID-19. You should evaluate your own risk in determining whether to attend any public event including the event at the Sonoma Raceway for which you may decide to purchase an admission ticket.
As a condition of admission to this event at the Sonoma Raceway you accept all risks arising from exposure to COVID-19 and will be required to abide by all then current facility rules, posted instructions, and protocols while on premises or risk ejection. You are not permitted to attend the event if within the past fourteen (14) days you have:
- Tested positive or have been deemed presumptively positive with COVID-19;
- Sought testing to determine whether you might have COVID-19 due to contact with someone who tested positive for COVID-19, and have not yet received the results;
- Been informed that you may have been exposed to Coronavirus or learned that you have been in the immediate vicinity of a person now known to have been carrying the Coronavirus; or
- Experienced any of the following symptoms commonly associated with COVID-19, including cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, OR two or more of any of the following: fever, chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, new loss of taste or smell.
You may be required to submit to health screening, including but not limited to, temperature checks and a questionnaire, and may be required to wear a face covering.
WAIVER - ASSUMPTION OF RISK
We appreciate your cooperation. Although preventative measures set forth by the facility are intended to help reduce the spread of COVID-19, we cannot guarantee you will not be exposed during your visit.
By purchasing tickets to and/or attending an event at the Sonoma Raceway you acknowledge and accept all risks associated with exposure to COVID-19. You also acknowledge notice of and agree to follow all facility rules, posted instructions, and protocols. You also agree to notify all guests for whom you are purchasing tickets of the instructions and protocols disclosed here, those that may be made publicly available for the event, and those that may be conveyed prior to your party’s arrival. You acknowledge and agree that you are voluntarily assuming all risks of exposure to COVID-19 and you therefore release, waive and discharge Speedway Sonoma, LLC d/b/a Sonoma Raceway, its parent entities, and all related and affiliated individuals and entities, and all individuals and entities involved in the event at Sonoma Raceway which you are attending, from all claims directly or indirectly arising from your visit to the Sonoma Raceway.
Our events are about FUN, friends, family and love. We want to create positive memories for people and do so in an inclusive environment. Accordingly, all banners, signs and flags openly displayed (including but not limited to on vehicles, clothing, hats or other accessory items) while on the premises of Sonoma Raceway must comply with this policy. Banners, signs and flags should contain no obscene language, symbols or logos, or graphic depictions. Raceway management reserves the right to approve all banners, signs and flags. Confederate flags (including flags, signs and banners that contain the Confederate flag) are not allowed.
Attendees must adhere to the following guidelines:
- Banners, signs and flags must be small enough for one person to hold and no larger than 36" x 60" (except that the U.S. Flag in a larger size may be displayed during the playing of the National Anthem only).
- Banners, signs and flags may not be affixed, in any form, to any portion of the Raceway premises.
- Banners, signs and flags may not obstruct the view of others.
- Banners, signs and flags should be constructed of either vinyl, cloth or other lightweight materials.
- Banners, signs and flags in the spectator grandstands may not be attached to poles or sticks.
- Banners, signs and flags are not permitted in any premium seating area except as specifically permitted in writing by the Raceway.
Raceway management reserves the right to remove any and all banners, signs or flags not in compliance with this policy or which, in their sole judgment, violates this policy. If you refuse to allow the removal of any such banner, sign or flag, you will be subject to removal from Raceway premises.
The Speedway Motorsports Weather Guarantee is valid for Atlanta Motor Speedway, Bristol Motor Speedway, Charlotte Motor Speedway, Las Vegas Motor Speedway, New Hampshire Motor Speedway, Sonoma Raceway and Texas Motor Speedway (each a "Speedway Motorsports Speedway" and collectively the "Speedway Motorsports Speedways"), and is effective as of August, 9, 2018.
If weather postpones a NASCAR race held at a Speedway Motorsports Speedway and a ticket holder is unable to attend on the rescheduled date, the Speedway Motorsports Weather Guarantee provides such fans a ticket credit toward a future NASCAR race at any of the SMI Speedways.
The Speedway Motorsports Weather Guarantee applies to all NASCAR races at any Speedway Motorsports Speedway that are postponed and rescheduled to a different date due to inclement weather.
No cash refunds will be issued and the ticket credit has no cash value and may be used only as a credit toward the purchase of a NASCAR race at an SMI Speedway as stated in this Speedway Motorsports Weather Guarantee Policy. Unused tickets may be exchanged for a ticket of equal or lesser value on a ticket-for-ticket basis.
Events and seating locations eligible for redemption are based on availability at time of redemption.
Eligible tickets may be exchanged for any future Speedway Motorsports NASCAR race within (1) calendar year of the original event date or for the same race the following year, even if it falls outside the (1) year window. Fan(s) must use the ticket credit and redeem eligible tickets within 60 days of the original date of the postponed event, or by the end of the calendar year, whichever is shorter. If eligible tickets are not redeemed during the timeframe set forth herein, the ticket credit shall expire and be of no value.
Complimentary tickets are not eligible for exchange under this policy. Restrictions also apply to corporate block tickets and tickets purchased through brokers or resale websites not directly affiliated with the Speedway Motorsports Speedways. ONLY TICKETS PURCHASED DIRECTLY AND ORIGINALLY FROM AN SPEEDWAY MOTORSPORTS SPEEDWAY OR FROM THEIR TICKET AGENT TICKETMASTER ARE ELIGIBLE FOR EXCHANGE UNDER THIS SPEEDWAY MOTORSPORTS WEATHER GUARANTEE POLICY. RESALE TICKETS PURCHASE THROUGH TICKETMASTER TICKETEXCHANGE ARE NOT ELIGIBLE FOR EXCHANGE UNDER THIS SPEEDWAY MOTORSPORTS WEATHER GUARANTEE POLICY. Fans should contact the speedway ticket office where the race was postponed to verify ticket eligibility.
Only race tickets are covered by this Speedway Motorsports Weather Guarantee Policy.
This policy does not apply if an event is delayed, regardless of length of delay, but still completed on the original event date, even if completion of the event occurs after 11:59 p.m. of such original event date.
This policy does not apply for events shortened due to weather or other unforeseen circumstances if the race/event is counted as official by the sanctioning body.
The Speedway Motorsports Speedways reserve the right to alter and/or terminate the Speedway Motorsports Weather Guarantee at any time, provided, however, that such termination shall not affect tickets already purchased while the Speedway Motorsports Weather Guarantee policy was in effect.
Contact the ticket office at your favorite Speedway Motorsports Speedway for further information.
Remember the golden rule, treat each other like you would like to be treated. We are a community and should look out for each other. Sonoma Raceway staff supports an environment where guests can enjoy the event experience free from unacceptable behavior, including but not limited to the following:
- Foul/abusive language or obscene gestures
- Fighting, taunting, or making threatening remarks or gestures
- Excessive alcohol consumption or intoxication
- Any disruption of the event, including throwing of objects or trespassing in restricted areas
- Smoking in or around the seating areas
- Displays of affection not appropriate in a public, family setting
- Obscene or indecent clothing
- Sitting in a location other than your ticketed seat
Guests not adhering to the above code, or behaving inappropriately will be asked to leave the facility. Please remember to be courteous and considerate while at Sonoma Raceway. If anyone is interfering with your enjoyment of the event, please contact the nearest Sonoma Raceway representative for assistance.
All transactions will be contactless/cashless and will require a debit or credit card.
Clear Bags & Coolers -A maximum of two (2) bags per person are permitted through the ticket gates. Clear bags are recommended but not required. Fans are permitted to bring items in non-clear bags such as backpacks and tote bags as long as those bags are no larger than 18x18x14 inches. Soft-sided coolers that do not exceed 14x14x14 are permitted.
A 'clear-bag express line' will be available at the ticket gates for quicker screening of people who use clear bags. All bags will be inspected upon entry.
Existing raceway policies will continue to be enforced and are as follows:
The following items are NOT allowed at the raceway:
- Aerosol cans (with the exception of sunscreen, sun block, hand sanitizer, and bug spray)
- Glass or ceramic containers of any kind
- Displays of the Confederate Flag
- Dry Ice
- Foam or hard-sided coolers regardless of size
- Fireworks/Sky Lanterns
- Frisbees, Balloons or any other Projectile
- Inline Skates/Skateboards/Bicycles/Hover Boards
- Laser Pointers, Noise Makers and Air Horns
- Lawn Chairs and Stadium-Type Seats with Legs (all cushions must sit flat against your seat)
- Selfie Sticks
- Tripods and monopods that are either solid or collapsible
- Umbrellas in Seating Areas
- Weapons, including, but not limited to, guns, knives, stun guns, and pepper spray
All items and persons are subject to search and seizure. You can choose to take prohibited items back to your car or surrender them at security. Once an item is surrendered it cannot be reclaimed.
The following activities are not allowed on the raceway property:
- Solicitation for Donations
- Unauthorized Selling or Buying of Event Tickets
- Unapproved Selling of Merchandise or Services
- Unapproved Distribution of any Item
- Unapproved Entertaining (organized concerts not approved by the raceway are prohibited)
For the health and comfort of all guests, smoking is prohibited in all seating areas, suites, concession stand lines, eating areas and restrooms. Guests may smoke on the ground level concourse behind the Main Grandstand and away from the seating areas in the Turns 2, 3, 7 and 9 Terraces. Electronic cigarettes, vapor cigarettes and cigars are subject to the same restrictions. Guests who fail to comply with this policy will be asked to leave the facility.
The following activities are not allowed on the raceway property:
- Charcoal barbecues are not allowed at Sonoma Raceway. Gas grills using propane are permitted.
- Open flame or open pit campfires are prohibited.
- Camping is permitted in designated areas only.
- Quiet Time hours are enforced between 11 p.m. - 8 a.m. Music, portable generators, etc. must be turned off during those times.
- Keep fire lanes open at all times. Cars will be towed away if parked in fire lanes.
- Offensive signs, public drunkenness and profanity will not be tolerated.
- The selling of unauthorized merchandise is not permitted.
- Alcohol may not be sold or distributed to people other than those staying in your RV or camping area.
- Alcohol is allowed in camping areas. However, alcohol may not be brought from any camping areas into any seating or pit areas.
- No waste-water dumping is allowed. Those caught dumping are subject to fine, arrest and immediate ejection from the raceway.
- No fireworks.
- No weapons of any kind.
- No commerce.
- No Confederate flags or other offensive signs/flags may be displayed.
- All radio-controlled aerial devices including, but not limited to, sky lanterns, drones and any unmanned aerial devices are banned from Sonoma Raceway property.
- You cannot plug in electrical cords to raceway generators or light towers.
- All vehicles and RV sites are subject to search.
- At no time is it ok to ride a bicycle or walk on the racetrack. If anyone if caught on the race track after hours, they will be arrested and removed from the raceway property.
Golf Carts/Off-Roading Vehicles
For the safety of all guests, golf carts, ATV's, motorized bikes/scooters and side-by-side utility vehicles are NOT ALLOWED at Sonoma Raceway. Guests who arrive at the facility with these vehicles loaded on a trailer or in their RV will be turned away and not allowed to enter the facility. Single-person electronic convenience vehicles, built specifically for guests with disabilities, are permitted.
Event weekend tickets are required to enter all campgrounds including the GEICO 50 Acres Campground.
Running a generator in your campsite can create undesirable noise and produce harmful carbon monoxide fumes. To help prevent disruption in our camping areas, please note the following rules for generator use:
- All generators must have the exhaust directed up and above the top of your trailer, truck, RV or tent/awning and clear of your neighbor's campsite. Generator exhaust systems can be purchased at camping/RV stores or online. Do-it-yourself plans are also available online.
- Generators should be turned off from 11 p.m. to 8 a.m. (quiet time). If a medical condition requires you to leave your generator running all night, your generator must operate at less than 70 decibels at all times. If you have a medical condition and your generator is louder than 70 decibels as determined by security staff, you will be asked to relocate to a different area in the campground.
Shower trailers and restrooms with shower facilities will be available. Portable restrooms will also be available in all campgrounds.
Pets & Service Animals
Pets are allowed in camping areas only. Trained service animals are allowed in competitor pit and seating areas. Service animals must remain on a leash or in a harness at all times.
Gate 3, 50 Acres Campground
When you cross the highway from the GEICO 50 Acres Campground to the raceway, your tickets will be checked at Gate 3. Gate 3 closes each day one hour after the conclusion of racing. Once Gate 3 closes, you will not be able to walk back to your campsite in 50 Acres.
Violation of these policies will result in arrest, fines, and forfeiture of ticket renewal privileges.