Open Track Days - Competition License Required
Sonoma Raceway offers track days with the following requirements and fees. If you have any questions concerning track days or to pre-register, please email [email protected]. Advance registration for track days are required; space is limited.
- Valid Competition License from NASCAR, Grand-Am, SCCA, FIA, NASA, SVRA, VARA, INEX, HMSA, CFRA, PCA, BMWCCA, HSR, IMSA, CSRG and Star Mazda.
- Rookie, Novice, Provisional, Time Trial licenses, driving school certificates, resumes, and logbooks are NOT substitutions for a Competition License and will not be accepted.
- Bring your license with you to sign-in, the morning of your pre-scheduled track day.
- Vehicles are to conform to SCCA Pro Racing regulations.
- In addition to a valid competition license, drivers age 16 and 17 years old must also have a completed minor waiver for track day, as well as a letter from the same parent stating their permission for their child to drive, and that it covers from 1/1/23 - 12/31/23. (Download Waiver)
NEW: ROAD COURSE TESTING PROCEDURES
Advance registration is required. Walk-up registration subject to availability. To register, check the schedule below for availability.
* Your competition license must be valid at the time of registration.
Test Day Schedule
- 7:30 AM - 12:30 PM Guest Services open for check in
- 8:15 AM - 12:00 PM Hot Track, Open Testing
- 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM Lunch
- 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM Hot Track, Open Testing
- When parking race trailers or haulers in the paddock, participants must maintain a 100' separation between pit areas. The garages will be closed.
- No more than four crew members, plus the driver, per car.
- No passengers are allowed in race cars.
- In the event of an incident on track, drivers must remain in their cars while safety crews assess the scene.
- If a car is disabled and needs to be taken into the paddock by a recovery vehicle, the driver will be transported back to their pit area by the ambulance.
- Regular Track Days: Full day $595 , Half day $425
- Session Days: price per session to be determined, please email [email protected] for schedule
No refunds or credit for cancellation within 48 hours. Refunds or credit will not be given for mechanical failure, driver error, failure to comply with testing rules and regulations, etc. Testing will run rain or shine!
Drones & Unmanned Aircraft Systems
The use of drones or any other unmanned aircraft systems ("UAS") is prohibited unless approved in advance in writing by senior management from Sonoma Raceway.
Unleaded: 91, 96, 100, Leaded: 112, 114, 116. All contain octane, no ethanol.
6am the day of testing/event
Petaluma Oxygen - 707.763.9353, AirGas - 707.252.2211
AIM - Tim Barber, 707.938.9193
Garage space is available on testing days beginning at 7 a.m. Garages are first come, first served and cannot be reserved in advance. All garages must be cleared out no later than 1 hour after testing.