Wednesday Night Drags & Sonoma Drift RETURNS
Most Wednesday Nights through Nov. 18, 2020. Gates open at 3:30 p.m., racing spans from 4 p.m.-10 p.m.
Events will be held with strict COVID-19 guidelines in place, including:
- Face masks covering your mouth and nose must be worn at all times
- Wash your hands often
- Avoid touching your face
- Maintain at least six feet of social distance from people not in your household. Security staff will be in place to monitor social distancing requirements throughout the property.
- Stay home if you feel sick
- Spectators are not allowed to enter Sonoma Raceway.
- Each participant is limited to no more than two people per car/entry (driver plus one support person). Drivers and their support person must enter the facility in the same car, with appropriate credentials, to ensure/enforce attendance limits. Support person pays a $10 entrance fee.
- Drivers are recommended to stay in their cars when in staging lanes.
Wednesday Night Drags:
Anyone with a driver's license can compete, providing their vehicle or motorcycle passes a simple technical inspection. All gas-propelled vehicles must have mufflers (if applicable).
- Racers must arrive at the track by 7 p.m. The earlier you arrive, the more time runs you'll get.
- Racing may end earlier, depending on car count.
WND SCHEDULE (Subject to Change)
COST: Entry purchased at the gate. $25 to race; $15 to race with High School ID. $10 for up to one additional crew person per car. Spectators not admitted at this time.
Sonoma Drift runs in conjunction with the weekly Wednesday Night Drags program, providing a safe, legal and controlled environment in which professionals and amateurs can perfect their drifting skills. Drifting is a high-skill motor sport that calls for drivers to control a high-horsepower car while it slides sideways at high speeds through a marked course. This is a sport where drivers are judged on style and execution rather than who finishes with the fastest time.
Each week, racers will drift on a specially-designed course in the Sonoma Raceway paddock area. Entries can range anywhere from the style and curves of a Nissan 350z to the pure power of American-made muscle cars. All cars must pass a simple technical inspection before drifting begins at 4 p.m.
PURCHASE DRIFT ENTRY HERE. Spectators are not permitted at this time.
All cars must pass a simple technical inspection before drifting begins at 4 p.m.
SONOMA DRIFT SCHEDULE (Subject to Change)