Wednesday Night Drags
The raceway's popular program gives people a safe, legal, controlled environment in which to drag race their cars, away from city streets.
Anyone with a driver's license can compete, providing their vehicle or motorcycle passes a simple technical inspection. All gas-propelled vehicles must have mufflers (if applicable). The event attracts a varied crowd, and almost any type of street-legal vehicle is eligible to run on the drag strip.
Racing for the first time? Click HERE to find out what to expect.
Most Wednesday nights March 13 - Nov. 13, 2019. Gates open at 3:30 p.m., racing spans from 4 p.m.-10 p.m.
- If you plan on racing, you must be at the track by 7 p.m. The earlier you get here, the more time runs you'll get.
- Racing may end earlier, depending on car count.
Pay for your ticket at the gate - $25 to race; $15 to race with High School ID; $10 for spectators; Kids 12 and under are FREE!
29355 Arnold Dr, Sonoma, Calif., 95476.
TOP THE COPSTM
High school students will drag race against Bay Area law enforcement officers when the popular Top the Cops™ program returns as part of Sonoma Raceway's weekly Wednesday Night Drags program, date TBD.
The Top the Cops™ program, which enters its 25th season this year, offers an alternative to illegal street racing and gives teens the chance to race against law enforcement officers, who compete in full uniform in their official vehicles on the quarter-mile drag strip. The program also provides a unique environment for the officers to talk with teens about safe driving and the rules of the road.
Call the Drag Racing Hotline 800-870-7223 ext. 209,
as events are weather permitting, or visit the Sonoma Raceway Drag Racing Facebook Page.
What to Expect at Wednesday Night Drags!
- The main entrance at Gate 1 on Highway 121 at 3:30 p.m.
- Follow the signs to "Tech" to get your car teched
- Once your car passes the simple tech inspection, a tech inspector will direct you to the staging lanes
Get Ready for Your First Run:
- Wait for your class' turn in the staging lanes
- Practice/time runs start at 4 p.m. and end at 7 p.m.
- There will be 2-3 runs before the first round of eliminations
- Drag racing staff can help you with staging your car at the starting line.
- After each run you'll receive a time slip with your elapsed time and speed on the quarter-mile.
First Round of Eliminations:
- Eliminations start at 7 p.m.
- Make it to the final four in your class and receive a trophy! Remember, it's all about being consistent and getting good reaction times on the tree!
Be a part of the Sonoma Raceway Drag Racing forums to discuss drag racing with fellow racers and share your photos. To log-in or create an account, CLICK HERE.