Top 10 Things To Do at Velocity Invitational
The Velocity Invitational returns to Sonoma Raceway Nov. 10-12 for the ultimate weekend of multi-million-dollar cars, food, wine and family-friendly fun. Here are 10 reasons you don’t want to miss this unparalleled event:
- McLaren’s 60th Anniversary: McLaren Formula 1 driver Lando Norris, along with McLaren Racing CEO Zak Brown and Arrow McLaren IndyCar Team drivers Pato O’Ward, Alexander Rossi and Tony Kanaan, will meet with fans and hit the track during the Velocity Invitational. The team has also assembled the largest collection of heritage cars it has ever run in the event, many of which are rarely seen in North America. If you love cool cars, Formula 1 or IndyCar, this is your only chance to see all three in Northern California.
- Racing From Every Era: Velocity Invitational celebrates the world’s most iconic, rare and valuable cars with thrilling on-track action. Modern hypercars, historic Formula 1 race cars, popular vintage racing groups, the Mustangs vs. Minis enduro and McLaren’s 60th Anniversary cars will all tackle Sonoma’s challenging 12-turn road course throughout the weekend.
- Paddock Access With Every Ticket: There is nowhere else in the country where you can stroll through a paddock of some of the rarest cars in the world while sipping a glass of world-class wine and chatting with the most exciting drivers and owners in motorsports. The Velocity Invitational paddock is designed to provide an intimate look at these rare cars, as well as a chance to chat with the drivers, owners and technicians who love and preserve them.
- DirtFish Rally Car Racing & Ride-Along Experience: DirtFish Rally School will offer an incredible opportunity to ride along with professional rally drivers at speed during the Velocity Invitational. British and Asia-Pacific Rally Champion Alister McRae, European Rally Championship driver Max McRae and IndyCar Series driver Benjamin Pedersen will be among the drivers on hand to pilot you around the racing circuit and a custom-built off-road course for an exhilarating experience. DirtFish will offer two immersive ride-along experiences, both of which include a chance to meet with the drivers and learn expert tips on operating and driving a rally car.
- Hypercars, Supercars & Sports Cars: The Velocity Invitational paddock will be brimming with an incredible collection of desirable vehicles of every description. Whether you love hypercars, supercars or sports cars or all of the above, there will be plenty of eye candy on display. Gunther Werks will be on-hand with a display of their high-performance, bespoke vehicles, while the McLaren Ultimate Series showcases the highest tier of McLaren production models. Take your time strolling through these incredible collections – you don’t want to miss a detail!
- Family Fun: There’s something for the entire family in the kid-friendly family fun zone. Located in the event plaza in the main paddock, you’ll find a kid’s race ramp, lawn games and more to entertain even the youngest gearhead. And remember, kids ages 15 and under are admitted free!
- SimVosi Driving Simulators: Put yourself in the virtual driver’s seat with a few las in the professional SimVosi driving simulators. These life-like simulators give you a driver’s-eye view of what it takes to tackle a challenging circuit.
- Taylor Farms Sip & Savor Pavilion: The Taylor Farms Sip & Savor Pavilion features tasting booths from local wine, spirits and food vendors, plus live entertainment, all in an incredible trackside location. Pair charcuterie and delicious snacks from Taylor Farms with wine tastings from more than a dozen wineries, including Harken, Robert Hall, Rabble, Intercept, Ram’s Gate, Langtry Farms, Keller Estates, St. Avalo, Grounded Freeman Estate and Deerfield Ranch. Access to the Taylor Farms Sip & Savor Pavilion is included in the Wine Experience and Driver’s Experience packages and is limited to guests 21 and older. The pavilion will be open on Friday and Saturday from 11 AM – 5 PM and on Sunday from 11 AM – 4 PM.
- Velocity Invitational Event Plaza: Located in the main paddock, the event plaza is the epicenter of Velocity Invitational activities. This is the place to check out a wide-variety of vendors, including High Camp Flasks, Rosso Corso products and Jamah leather goods, as well as delectable treats from local food vendors and a drink from O’Neill Vintners and Distillers. You can also get an up-close look at the incredible cars in the McLaren Automotive and Price Family Dealership displays or find a spot to watch the cars go by on Velocity Lane.
- Polestar Ride & Drive: Don’t miss your chance to get behind the wheel of one of Polestar’s electric performance vehicles with a test drive through the rolling hills of Sonoma County. Polestar’s pop-up dealership will be open in the event plaza throughout the weekend and you can sign up for your drive on-site.
A variety of ticket packages and single-day event passes are now available at SonomaRaceway.com