THOUSANDS TO TACKLE TOUGH MUDDER'S GRUELING ENDURANCE CHALLENGES AT SONOMA RACEWAY
SONOMA, Calif. (Oct. 5, 2017) - Tough Mudder will host TOUGH MUDDER NORCAL presented by Merrell Oct. 14-15 at Sonoma Raceway. More than 10,000 participants will attempt to conquer the grueling 5- and 10-mile obstacle course.
Sonoma Raceway is filled with grassy knolls, rolling hills, and some serious elevation changes that are sure to test every participant. Located only 45 minutes north of the Golden Gate Bridge, it's the perfect place for a mud-filled weekend of fun with people of all ages and levels of fitness.
More than 10,000 participants and top endurance and obstacle course racing
A TOUGH MUDDER WEEKEND filled with several events including:
- Tough Mudder Half - 5-mile mud and obstacle course challenge featuring some of Tough Mudder's signature obstacles - but excluding the more extreme elements such as ice and electricity. Tough Mudder Half provides a rewarding yet accessible challenge, serving as the perfect gateway series for introducing people to mud runs.
- Tough Mudder - the signature 10-12-mile mud and obstacle course challenge designed to pull participants out of their comfort zone. With no winners or clocks to race against, it is not about how fast you can cross the finish line it is about teamwork and personal accomplishment.
- Tougher Mudder - Tougher Mudder takes our signature 10-mile Tough Mudder course and adds a competitive, timed twist. This first start wave on Saturday of event weekend allows Mudders to push themselves to a new level on the classic course, while still maintaining our core values of teamwork and camaraderie. Cash prizing will be given out to the top three males and females.
- Mini Mudder - one-mile obstacle course designed for children ages 7-12.
29355 Arnold Dr. Sonoma, CA, 95476
www.SonomaRaceway.com, 800-870-RACE, @RaceSonoma
Travel Times: San Francisco: 1 hour; Sacramento: 1 hour
Saturday, Oct. 14: first wave begins at 7:45 a.m. PST for Tougher, 8 a.m. for
Tough Mudder Weekend.
Sunday, Oct. 15: first wave begins at 9 a.m. PST.
Photo/b-roll and interview opportunities will be provided to media during the
event. Media interested in a course preview tour, hosting live shots at obstacles
or participating in the event may contact Tough Mudder PR to coordinate details.
DESCRIPTIONS OF NEW 2017 OBSTACLES:
- Pyramid Scheme: Even with an added strip of Merrell's stickiest rubber sole rolled across the middle of the obstacle, this challenge requires teamwork as participants must climb and push their way up a slippery incline to complete this obstacle.
- The Hangover: You'll be hanging on for dear life on this 10' monster. Participants will have to climb a giant wooden ladder, angled steeply toward them, before pivoting their bodies over the top and down the back.
- Funky Monkey - The Revolution: A literal "spin" on Tough Mudder's classic Funky Monkey obstacle. Participants test their upper body strength to complete this challenge while transitioning from monkey bars to a series of revolving wheels - all while dangling over a pit of water.
- Hero Carry: Grab a buddy and get ready for some fun. Participants will take turns carrying each other across a quarter-mile of course.
- Kong: Taking obstacles to new heights, literally, this will be debuting as the Legionnaire finish obstacle at all 2017 events. At over 25 feet high, this obstacle will have participants swinging like Tarzan, traversing from one floating ring to another with increasing distance between them.
- Berlin Walls: A divisive obstacle course classic, not to be missed. Participants will have to work together to scale this set of 10' tall wooden walls.
- Augustus Gloop: Participants must enter into a chest-deep pit of water before climbing up a vertical tube. As they attempt to ascend through the confined tube, they'll be fighting off a waterfall as it gushes down on them from above.
- Skidmarked: If you thought our 10' Berlin Walls were hard, wait until you hit Skidmarked. These walls are tilted right at you, removing the opportunity to use your feet to climb up and over. We hope you brought your friends - or at least the ones who did pull-ups.
- The Reach Around: Nearly 20 feet tall, this takes participants beyond vertical to climb one of our most challenging obstacles on the course. Playing up your fear of heights and adding an element of toughness, The Reach Around will take you to new heights and odd angles.
- Everest: Everest will challenge participants to sprint up and over a slick quarter pipe. Can't do it alone? Not to worry - teammates are encouraged to hang over the top to pull their new friends up and over.