The raceway's popular program gives people a safe, legal, controlled environment in which to drag race their cars, away from city streets. Anyone with a driver's license can compete, providing their vehicle or motorcycle passes a simple technical inspection. All gas-propelled vehicles must have mufflers (if applicable). Almost any type of street-legal vehicle is eligible to run on the drag strip. Events are held most Wednesday nights from Spring-Fall.
- Gates open at 4:00 PM; racing runs from 4:30 PM-10 PM
- If you plan on racing, you must be at the track by 7 PM. The earlier you get here, the more timed runs you'll get.
- Racing may end earlier, depending on car count.
COST: $35 to race if you pre-register; $40 at the gate; $20 to race with High School ID. $15 for spectators at the gate. *Special Event Pricing: Spectators $20
WHERE: 29355 Arnold Dr., Sonoma, CA, 95476.
TOP THE COPS: High school students (with a valid student ID) can drag race against local law enforcement officers through our ever-popular Top The Cops program.
What to Expect
- The main entrance is located at Gate 1 on Highway 121
- Follow the signs to "Tech" to get your car teched
- Once your car passes the simple tech inspection, a tech inspector will direct you to the staging lanes
Get Ready for Your First Run:
- Wait for your class' turn in the staging lanes
- Practice/timed runs start at 4:30 PM and end at 7 PM
- There will be 2-3 runs before the first round of eliminations
- Drag racing staff can help you with staging your car at the starting line.
- After each run you'll receive a time slip with your elapsed time and speed on the quarter-mile.
First Round of Eliminations:
- Eliminations start at 7 PM
- Make it to the final four in your class and receive a trophy! Remember, it's all about being consistent and getting good reaction times on the tree!