Top 10 Storylines Heading into NASCAR Weekend
With NASCAR returning to Sonoma Raceway for the first time in nearly two years, there are plenty of incredible storylines to look at. We've narrowed them all down to the Top 10. Check it out!
- Martin Truex Jr. looks to make history as the second driver ever (next to Jeff Gordon) to complete a 3-peat and win three consecutive races in a row at Sonoma Raceway .
- Jill Gregory will take the helm of her very first Toyota/Save Mart 350 NASCAR Cup Series race as the newest Executive Vice President and General Manager of Sonoma Raceway.
- Can Chase Elliott complete his road course dominance and finally get a win at Sonoma Raceway?
- After three consecutive pole wins at Sonoma, can Elk Grove, CA, native Kyle Larson finally get the victory at his home track?
- This Sunday, June 6, will be the first time Sonoma Raceway has seen Cup cars on track in 714 days. Will there be rust for any of these drivers as they take on wine country's unrelenting 12-turn road course?
- This will be the first time NASCAR has raced at Sonoma without practice or qualifying. Will that prove costly for the new drivers who have never raced in wine country before?
- 2012 Toyota/Save Mart 350 winner Clint Bowyer will join the undisputed King of Sonoma Raceway, Jeff Gordon, in the FOX booth this year, calling the race from the tower. The race will be aired on FS1 at 1:00 p.m. PT.
- The last time Michael Jordan visited Sonoma Raceway as a team owner, it was with the AMA Superbike Series. Now, the NBA icon goes from two wheels to four with 23XI Racing and driver Bubba Wallace.
- After a one year hiatus, Sonoma Raceway will welcome NASCAR and race fans for the Toyota/Save Mart 350; providing a safe and unforgettable race weekend for our guests.
- The Toyota/Save Mart 350 will be the final race before the NASCAR All-Star Race, and the winner at Sonoma will be the final driver invited to race in Texas next weekend.
Be sure to tune in to the Toyota/Save Mart 350 NASCAR Cup Series race at Sonoma Raceway at 1:00 p.m. PT live on FS1!