Wednesday Night Drags Official Results: October 14
Local drag racers provided tire-melting action on Sonoma Raceway's drag strip during Wednesday Night Drags, October 14.
The Wednesday Night Drags program, which is in its 32nd consecutive year, gives drag racers the opportunity to race on Sonoma Raceway's world-famous quarter-mile drag strip. The objective of the program is to give people, from teenagers to working professionals, a safe, legal and controlled environment in which to race their vehicles, as opposed to using city streets, back-county roads or parking lots.
Racing is featured in seven classes. Gates open at 3:30 p.m. with racing spanning from 4-10 p.m. Eliminations begin at 7 p.m., allowing more track time for the racers. Anyone with a valid driver's license can participate, providing their vehicle or motorcycle passes a simple technical inspection. COVID-19 guidelines are in place including:
- Face masks covering your mouth and nose must be worn at all times
- Wash your hands often
- Avoid touching your face
- Maintain at least six feet of social distance from people not in your household. Security staff will be in place to monitor social distancing requirements throughout the property.
- Stay home if you feel sick
- Spectators are not allowed to enter Sonoma Raceway.
- Each participant is limited to no more than two people per car/entry (driver plus one support person). Drivers and their support person must enter the facility in the same car, with appropriate credentials, to ensure/enforce attendance limits. Support person pays a $10 entrance fee.
- Drivers are recommended to stay in their cars when in staging lanes.
Wednesday night's class winners
Jackpot: Jorge Valencia
Gear Jammer: Steve Jaslovsky
Motorcycle: Doug Love
Comp Rod: Bobby Grabrian
Sport Street: Cyrus Kliewer
Street: Steve Ball
High School: Anna Hillen
Winner photos are posted on the Sonoma Raceway Drag Racing Facebook page.
For more information about Wednesday Night Drags, visit SonomaRaceway.com or call 800-870-RACE (7223). For track weather conditions, please call 800-870-RACE ext. 209.