SCC To Host Fundraisers During Toyota/Save Mart 350 Weekend
Speedway Children’s Charities (SCC) will have an action-packed weekend full of fundraising activities for fans making their way to Sonoma Raceway for its NASCAR weekend June 10-12. Fans will have the chance to help children in the Northern California community while still enjoying a weekend full of racing action and endless entertainment. All proceeds directly benefit SCC Sonoma.
Sonoma Raceway is home to many unique sights and sounds, but what tends to grab the attention of race fans from around the world is one of the property’s most efficient operational services – a population of sheep.
The furry flock, which ranges from 650 in the winter to nearly 2,500 in the summer, is on-site every day to help maintain Sonoma Raceway’s 1,600 acres of grassland, an eco-friendly alternative to mowing.
The role of the sheep has become an especially critical tool in the effort to minimize fire danger by reducing fuel load, particularly in areas of the track that aren’t easily accessible by machinery.
Now you can bring home your own Sonoma Raceway sheep, by symbolically adopting a sheep through a tax-deductible donation to the Sonoma Chapter of Speedway Children’s Charities. Each adoption kit comes customized with an official certificate, plush sheep, tote bag, and more. To adopt your Sonoma Raceway sheep, click HERE. Sheep adoptions will also be available during NASCAR weekend at the SCC booth.
Toyota/Save Mart 350 Online Auction
Now – Sunday, June 12
Get revved up for the Toyota/Save Mart 350 Race Weekend with our SCC Sonoma Online Auction! Our charity auction is your chance to bid on once-in-a-lifetime experiences while helping to address the critical needs being faced by children in our area.
Items to be auctioned include:
- Kyle Larson Meet and Greet Experience
- NASCAR 2022 Championship Weekend Package
- MacArthur Place Hotel & Spa Package
- Las Vegas Motor Speedway 2022 NASCAR Playoff Ticket Package
- BottleRock Napa Valley 2023 Tickets
- Oakland A's VIP Experience...and much more!
Place your bids online through Sunday, June 12, at noon (Kyle Larson Experience closes on Monday, June 6). Don't miss your chance to take home one of these unique experiences! To view all remaining items and bid click HERE.
NASCAR Ride & Drive
Friday, June 10 | 10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Race fans looking for the ultimate NASCAR experience are invited to hit the track on June 10 for two exclusive opportunities during Toyota/Save Mart 350 weekend.
- “DRIVE” Experience - $325 per person - The charity event kicks off with the “drive” portion, where attendees can drive their own vehicle for three laps through a lead-and-follow session across the start/finish line and through the 10-turn, 1.949-mile road course.
- “RIDE” Experience - $250 per person - Those looking to “ride” can experience the ultimate adrenaline rush with a “hot lap” around the track. Participants will feel the same speed and velocity as a NASCAR driver while riding as a passenger in an official Sonoma Raceway vehicle, piloted by a professional driver.
Online registration for the special event is available HERE. Capacity is limited, and advance registration is required.
For more information about any of our fundraising opportunities, please contact chapter director Courtney Kiser at [email protected] or call 707-933-3950.