Sonoma Raceway offers testing with the following requirements and fees. If you have any questions concerning testing or to pre-register, please email [email protected]. Advance registration for testing is required; space is limited.
- Valid Competition License from NASCAR, Grand-Am, SCCA, FIA, NASA, SVRA, VARA, INEX, HMSA, CFRA, PCA, BMWCCA, HSR, IMSA, CSRG and Star Mazda.
- Rookie, Novice, Provisional, Time Trial licenses, driving school certificates, resumes, and logbooks are NOT substitutions for a Competition License and will not be accepted.
- Bring your license with you to sign-in, the morning of your pre-scheduled test day.
- Vehicles are to conform to SCCA Pro Racing regulations.
- In addition to a valid competition license, drivers age 16 and 17 years old must also have a completed minor waiver for testing, as well as a letter from the same parent stating their permission for their child to test, and that it covers from 1/1/22 - 12/31/22. (Click here to download waiver.)
NEW: ROAD COURSE TESTING PROCEDURES
Advance registration is required. Walk-up registration subject to availability.
To register, please visit motorsportreg.com and search "Sonoma Raceway" for a list of open test days.
- Your competition license must be valid at the time of registration.
Test Day Schedule
- 7:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. Guest Services open for check in
- 8:15 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. Hot Track, Open Testing
- 12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m. Lunch
- 1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. Hot Track, Open Testing
- When parking race trailers or haulers in the paddock, participants must maintain a 100' separation between pit areas. The garages will be closed.
- No more than four crew members, plus the driver, per car.
- No passengers are allowed in race cars.
- In the event of an incident on track, drivers must remain in their cars while safety crews assess the scene.
- If a car is disabled and needs to be taken into the paddock by a recovery vehicle, the driver will be transported back to their pit area by the ambulance.
- Regular Test Days: Full day $595 , Half day $425
- Session Days: price per session to be determined, please email [email protected] for schedule
*Credit will not be given for mechanical failure, driver error, etc.
Drones & Unmanned Aircraft Systems
The use of drones or any other unmanned aircraft systems ("UAS") is prohibited unless approved in advance in writing by senior management from Sonoma Raceway.
Unleaded: 91, 96, 100, Leaded: 112, 114, 116. All contain octane, no ethanol.
6am the day of testing/event
Petaluma Oxygen - 707.763.9353, AirGas - 707.252.2211
AIM - Tim Barber, 707.938.9193
Garage space is available on testing days beginning at 7 a.m. Garages are first come, first served and cannot be reserved in advance. All garages must be cleared out no later than 1 hour after testing.