Rules and Restrictions
Guest Code of Conduct
Remember the golden rule, treat each other like you would like to be treated. We are a community and should look out for each other. Sonoma Raceway staff supports an environment where guests can enjoy the event experience free from unacceptable behavior, including but not limited to the following:
- Foul/abusive language or obscene gestures
- Fighting, taunting, or making threatening remarks or gestures
- Excessive alcohol consumption or intoxication
- Any disruption of the event, including throwing of objects or trespassing in restricted areas
- Smoking in or around the seating areas
- Displays of affection not appropriate in a public, family setting
- Obscene or indecent clothing
- Sitting in a location other than your ticketed seat
Guests not adhering to the above code, or behaving inappropriately will be asked to leave the facility. Please remember to be courteous and considerate while at Sonoma Raceway. If anyone is interfering with your enjoyment of the event, please contact the nearest Sonoma Raceway representative for assistance.
Due to COVID-19 health guidelines, Sonoma Raceway has updated its event policies to help provide a safe environment for our guests. Please review the following guidelines:
- All non-vaccinated guests are encouraged to wear a mask.
- All transactions will be contactless/cashless and will require a debit or credit card.
- Clear Bags & Coolers -Fans will be allowed one (1) clear bag and one (1) soft-sided cooler (no larger than 14” X 14” X 14”) to bring food and beverages into the raceway. No glass.
Cooling tip - freeze plastic water bottles before arrival to store in your clear bag or soft-sided cooler.
New Campground Policies for 2021
Golf Carts/Off-Roading Vehicles
For the safety of all guests, golf carts, ATV's, motorized bikes/scooters and side-by-side utility vehicles are NOT ALLOWED at Sonoma Raceway. Guests who arrive at the facility with these vehicles loaded on a trailer or in their RV will be turned away and not allowed to enter the facility. Single-person electronic convenience vehicles, built specifically for guests with disabilities, are permitted.
Event weekend tickets are required to enter all campgrounds including the 50 Acres Campground.
Running a generator in your campsite can create undesirable noise and produce harmful carbon monoxide fumes. To help prevent disruption in our camping areas, please note the following rules for generator use:
- All generators must have the exhaust directed up and above the top of your trailer, truck, RV or tent/awning and clear of your neighbor's campsite. Generator exhaust systems can be purchased at camping/RV stores or online. Do-it-yourself plans are also available online.
- Generators should be turned off from 11 p.m. to 8 a.m. (quiet time). If a medical condition requires you to leave your generator running all night, your generator must operate at less than 70 decibels at all times. If you have a medical condition and your generator is louder than 70 decibels as determined by security staff, you will be asked to relocate to a different area in the campground.
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, shower trailers will not be provided and restrooms with shower facilities will be closed. Portable restrooms will still be available in all campgrounds.
Existing raceway policies will continue to be enforced and are as follows:
The following items are NOT allowed at the raceway:
- Bottles/Glass Containers
- Confederate Flags
- Fireworks/Sky Lanterns
- Inline Skates/Skateboards
- Lawn Chairs and Stadium-Type Seats with Legs (all cushions must sit flat against your seat)
- Umbrellas in Seating Areas
- Weapons, including, but not limited to, guns, knives, stun guns, and pepper spray
All items and persons are subject to search and seizure. You can choose to take prohibited items back to your car or surrender them at security. Once an item is surrendered it cannot be reclaimed.
Pets & Service Animals
Pets are allowed in camping areas only. Trained service animals are allowed in competitor pit and seating areas. Service animals must remain on a leash or in a harness at all times.
The following activities are not allowed on the raceway property:
- Solicitation for Donations
- Unauthorized Selling or Buying of Event Tickets
- Unapproved Selling of Merchandise or Services
- Unapproved Distribution of any Item
- Unapproved Entertaining (organized concerts not approved by the raceway are prohibited)
For the health and comfort of all guests, smoking is prohibited in all seating areas, suites, concession stand lines, eating areas and restrooms. Guests may smoke on the ground level concourse behind the Main Grandstand and away from the seating areas in the Turns 2, 3, 7 and 9 Terraces. Electronic cigarettes, vapor cigarettes and cigars are subject to the same restrictions. Guests who fail to comply with this policy will be asked to leave the facility.
Additional Campground Policies are as Follows:
- Charcoal barbecues are not allowed at Sonoma Raceway. Gas grills using propane are permitted.
- Open flame or open pit campfires are prohibited.
- Camping is permitted in designated areas only.
- Quiet Time hours are enforced between 11 p.m. - 8 a.m. Music, portable generators, etc. must be turned off during those times.
- Keep fire lanes open at all times. Cars will be towed away if parked in fire lanes.
- Offensive signs, public drunkenness and profanity will not be tolerated.
- The selling of unauthorized merchandise is not permitted.
- Alcohol may not be sold or distributed to people other than those staying in your RV or camping area.
- Alcohol is allowed in camping areas. However, alcohol may not be brought from any camping areas into any seating or pit areas.
- No waste-water dumping is allowed. Those caught dumping are subject to fine, arrest and immediate ejection from the raceway.
- No fireworks.
- No weapons of any kind.
- No commerce.
Gate 3, 50 Acres Campground
When you cross the highway from the GEICO 50 Acres Campground to the raceway, your tickets will be checked at Gate 3. Gate 3 closes each day one hour after the conclusion of racing. Once Gate 3 closes, you will not be able to walk back to your campsite in 50 Acres.
Violation of these policies will result in arrest, fines, and forfeiture of ticket renewal privileges.