Rules and Restrictions
Remember the golden rule, treat each others like you would like to be treated. We are a community and should look out for each other.
Guest Code of Conduct
Sonoma Raceway staff supports an environment where guests can enjoy the event experience free from unacceptable behavior, including but not limited to the following:
- Foul/abusive language or obscene gestures
- Fighting, taunting, or making threatening remarks or gestures
- Excessive alcohol consumption or intoxication
- Any disruption of the event, including throwing of objects or trespassing in restricted areas
- Smoking in or around the seating areas
- Displays of affection not appropriate in a public, family setting
- Obscene or indecent clothing
- Sitting in a location other than your ticketed seat
Guests not adhering to the above code, or behaving inappropriately will be asked to leave the facility.
Please remember to be courteous and considerate while at Sonoma Raceway. If anyone is interfering with your enjoyment of the event, please contact the nearest Sonoma Raceway representative for assistance.
The following items are allowed at the raceway:
- Bags/Backpacks (may not exceed 18"x18"x6" in size)
- Coolers (may not exceed 15"x15"x15" in size)
- Plastic Bottles
- Seat Cushions
The following items are NOT allowed at the raceway:
- Bottles/glass containers
- Fireworks/Sky Lanterns
- Inline skates/skateboards
- Lawn chairs and stadium-type seats with legs (all chairs must sit flat against your seat (No legs))
- Umbrellas in seating areas
- Unregistered golf carts and other off-highway vehicles which include, but are not limited to: ATVs, golf carts, motorized bikes or scooters and side-by-side utility vehicles. (NASCAR and NHRA only)
- Weapons, including, but not limited to, guns, knives, stun guns and pepper spray
All items and persons are subject to search and seizure. You can choose to take prohibited items back to your car or surrender them to security. Once an item is surrendered it cannot be reclaimed.
Pets & Service Animals
Pets are allowed in camping areas only. Trained service animals are allowed in competitor pit and seating areas. Service animals must remain on a leash or in a harness at all times.
The following activities are not allowed on the raceway property.
- Solicitation for donations
- Unauthorized selling or buying of event tickets
- Unapproved selling of merchandise or services
- Unapproved distribution of any item
- Unapproved entertaining (organized concerts not approved by the raceway are prohibited)
For the health and comfort of all guests, smoking is prohibited in all seating areas, suites, concession stand lines, eating areas and restrooms. Guests may smoke on the ground level concourse behind the Main Grandstand and away from the seating areas in the Turns 2, 3, 7 and 9 Terraces. Electronic cigarettes, vapor cigarettes and cigars are subject to the same restrictions. Guests who fail to comply with this policy will be asked to leave the facility.
Sonoma Raceway New Golf Cart & Off-Road Vehicle Policy
New for 2020: Only registered golf carts with proof of insurance may be driven on raceway property during the NASCAR and NHRA event weekends at Sonoma Raceway. Other personal, motorized vehicles, including ATVs, motorized bikes, scooters and side-by-side utility vehicles, are NOT allowed at Sonoma Raceway. See below for registration information.
HOW TO REGISTER YOUR GOLF CART
If you plan to bring a golf cart to Sonoma Raceway during the NASCAR or NHRA event weekends, the following steps must be completed before arriving at the raceway:
- Golf cart must be pre-registered with a Sonoma Raceway ticket representative prior to 06/01/2020 for NASCAR and 07/10/2020 for NHRA
- Must provide: vehicle identification number, general vehicle description o Credentials will only be granted to non-modified golf carts.
- Cost: $175- includes golf cart registration credential and $1 million insurance policy
Sonoma Raceway reserves the right to deny approval of credentials at its discretion. Physically impaired, disabled or handicapped persons are permitted to bring a commercially manufactured, single-person electric convenience vehicle (ECVs) without a permit. Bicycles are also permitted on property.
On-site rules for golf carts are:
- Golf carts may be driven in camping areas and on paved roads on raceway property.
- Drivers must drive responsibly and follow posted speed limits.
- The number of passengers, including the driver, cannot exceed the number of seats in the vehicle.
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs, speeding and/or driving in restricted areas, including the racetrack or pit areas is prohibited.
- Drivers must be at least 16 years old and possess a valid driver license.
- Golf carts may not cross Highway 121 from the 50 Acres Campground to the raceway.
Golf Cart Curfew: No golf carts may be driven on raceway property after 9 p.m. with the exception of NHRA Friday night. On NHRA Friday night, the curfew will be extended to 10 p.m.
Only raceway employees and contractors may operate registered ATVs and side-by-side utility vehicles.
Violation of these policies will result in arrest, fines, and forfeiture of ticket renewal privileges
Campground Rules and Restrictions
- CHARCOAL barbecues are not allowed at Sonoma Raceway. Gas grills using propane are permitted
- Open flame or open pit campfires are prohibited
- Camping is permitted in designated areas only
- Quiet Time hours are enforced between 11 p.m. - 8 a.m. Music, portable generators, etc. must be turned off during those times
- Keep fire lanes open at all times. Cars will be towed away if parked in fire lanes.
- Offensive signs, public drunkenness and profanity will not be tolerated
- The selling of unauthorized merchandise is not permitted
- Alcohol may not be sold or distributed to people other than those staying in your RV or camping area
- Alcohol is allowed in camping areas. However, alcohol may not be brought from any camping areas into any seating or pit areas
- No waste-water dumping is allowed. Those caught dumping are subject to fine, arrest and immediate ejection from the raceway
- No fireworks
- No weapons of any kind
- No commerce
Gate 3, 50 Acres Campground
When you cross the highway from the 50 Acres Campground to the raceway, your tickets will be checked at Gate 3. Gate 3 closes each day one hour after the conclusion of racing. Once Gate 3 closes, you will not be able to walk back to your campsite in 50 Acres.
On NASCAR weekend and NHRA Saturday and Sunday evenings, a shuttle back to 50 Acres, once Gate 3 closes, will run until 8 p.m. The shuttle will pick up at Gate 3 and drop off at Gate 6 just inside the 50 Acres Campground.