Wednesday Night Drags
Experience Sonoma Drags & Drift Powered by Universal Technical Institute
POPULAR PROGRAM GIVES PEOPLE A SAFE, LEGAL, CONTROLLED ENVIRONMENT IN WHICH TO DRAG RACE THEIR CARS, AWAY FROM CITY STREETS.
The popular Wednesday Night Drags program will kick off its 30th consecutive year at Sonoma Raceway on March 14, 2018. The raceway will open its gates most every Wednesday night from March 14 - Nov. 14 for fans who would like to race down the world-famous quarter-mile drag strip.
The objective of the program is to give people, from teenagers to working professionals, a safe, legal and controlled environment in which to race their vehicles, as opposed to using city streets or back-county roads.
Most Wednesday nights March 14 - Nov. 14, 2018. Gates open at 3:30 p.m., racing spans from 4 p.m.-10 p.m.
Click Here to view schedule.
Highways 37 and 121, Sonoma, Calif., 95476.
Anyone with a driver's license can compete, providing their vehicle or motorcycle passes a simple technical inspection. All vehicles must have mufflers. The event attracts a varied crowd, including teenagers, mothers, working professionals and grandparents racing everything from Corvettes to Mini-Vans. Three-hundred cars are allowed to compete each Wednesday night. The weekly event attracts an average of 900-1,200 people (competitors and spectators).
TOP THE COPSTM
High school students will drag race against Bay Area law enforcement officers when the popular Top the Cops™ program returns as part of Sonoma Raceway's weekly Wednesday Night Drags program, April 11.
The Top the Cops™ program, which enters its 25th season this year, offers an alternative to illegal street racing and gives teens the chance to race against law enforcement officers, who compete in full uniform in their official vehicles on the quarter-mile drag strip. The program also provides a unique environment for the officers to talk with teens about safe driving and the rules of the road.
$25 competitors, $15 for students with their high school identification card, $10 spectators.
For more information, call 800-870-RACE (7223).
What to Expect at Wednesday Night Drags!
- The main entrance at Gate 1 on Highway 121 at 3:30 p.m.
- Pay for your ticket at the gate - $25 to race, $15 to race with High School ID , $10 for spectators.
- Follow the signs to "Tech" to get your car teched
- Once your car passes the simple tech inspection, a tech inspector will direct you to the staging lanes
Get Ready for Your First Run:
- Wait for your class' turn in the staging lanes
- Practice/time runs start at 4 p.m. and end at 7 p.m.
- There will be 2-3 runs before the first round of eliminations
- Drag racing staff can help you with staging your car at the starting line.
- After each run you'll receive a time slip with your elapsed time and speed on the quarter-mile.
First Round of Eliminations:
- Eliminations start at 7 p.m.
- Make it to the final four in your class and receive a trophy! Remember, it's all about being consistent and getting good reaction times on the tree!
Be a part of the Sonoma Raceway Drag Racing forums to discuss drag racing with fellow racers and share your photos. To log-in or create an account, CLICK HERE.
Or at www.1320go.com/sonoma