*UPDATE: DRIFT AND DONUT PAD ENTRIES ARE NOW SOLD OUT FOR 2020
Wednesday nights. Sideways cars. Screeching Tires. White Smoke. All this can only mean one thing: the return of Sonoma Drift.
Sonoma Drift runs in conjunction with the weekly Wednesday Night Drags program, providing a safe, legal and controlled environment in which professionals and amateurs can perfect their drifting skills. Drifting is a high-skill motor sport that calls for drivers to control a high-horsepower car while it slides sideways at high speeds through a marked course. This is a sport where drivers are judged on style and execution rather than who finishes with the fastest time.
Each week, racers will drift on a specially-designed course in the Sonoma Raceway paddock area. Entries can range anywhere from the style and curves of a Nissan 350z to the pure power of American-made muscle cars. All cars must pass a simple technical inspection before drifting begins at 4 p.m.
Events will be held with strict COVID-19 guidelines in place, including:
- Face masks covering your mouth and nose must be worn at all times
- Wash your hands often
- Avoid touching your face
- Maintain at least six feet of social distance from people not in your household. Security staff will be in place to monitor social distancing requirements throughout the property.
- Stay home if you feel sick
- Spectators are not allowed to enter Sonoma Raceway.
- Each participant is limited to no more than two people per car/entry (driver plus one support person). Drivers and their support person must enter the facility in the same car, with appropriate credentials, to ensure/enforce attendance limits. Support person pays a $10 entrance fee.
- Drivers are recommended to stay in their cars whenever possible. Drivers may not have passengers during drift runs.
Donut Pad Only
We had a large amount of people in 2019 asking if they could only participate in the Donut Pad at Turn 7 run-off. Beginners or people that want to only stick to the Donut Pad can now register for just that area. This registration will NOT let you onto Summer Jam Course or the Paddock. The Donut Pad will be open between 4-8 p.m. on nights there is Wednesday Night Drifting. All tech requirements remain the same. Normal registration will still allow drivers from group A, B and C to use the Donut Box.
*DONUT PAD ENTRIES ARE SOLD OUT FOR 2020.