Sonoma Raceway offers testing with the following requirements and fees. Please note the new COVID-related procedures. If you have any questions concerning testing or to pre-register, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Advance registration for testing is required; space is limited.
- Valid Competition License from NASCAR, Grand-Am, SCCA, FIA, NASA, SVRA, VARA, INEX, HMSA, CFRA, PCA, BMWCCA, HSR, IMSA, CSRG and Star Mazda.
- Rookie, Novice, Provisional, Time Trial licenses, driving school certificates, resumes, and logbooks are NOT substitutions for a Competition License and will not be accepted.
- Bring your license with you to sign-in, the morning of your pre-scheduled test day.
- Vehicles are to conform to SCCA Pro Racing regulations.
- In addition to a valid competition license, drivers age 16 and 17 years old must also have a completed minor waiver for testing, as well as a letter from the same parent stating their permission for their child to test, and that it covers from 1/1/20 - 12/31/20. (Click here to download waiver.)
NEW: ROAD COURSE TESTING PROCEDURES
Advance registration is required. To register, email email@example.com. In the email, please include your name, billing address, phone number, emergency contact information and car information (car/make/model/#). Walk-up registration will not be allowed.
Reserve your testing session at least 48 hours in advance. Registration closes at 5 p.m. PT the day prior to the test session.
- Your competition license must be valid at the time of registration.
No more than 25 cars will be allowed to test per day.
Testing registration is at Guest Services located at Gate 1. Bring your driver's license, competition license, and, for the safety of raceway staff and other competitors, please wear a mask and practice social distancing.
Test Day Schedule
- 7 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. Guest Services open for check in
- 8:15 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. Hot Track, Open Testing
- 12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m. Lunch
- 1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. Hot Track, Open Testing
- When parking race trailers or haulers in the paddock, participants must maintain a 100' separation between pit areas. The garages will be closed.
- No more than four crew members, plus the driver, per car.
- All participants and crew, when not in the race car, are required to wear face masks.
- When working on cars in the pit area, participants must keep a minimum 6' social distance between other crew members or staff.
- No passengers are allowed in race cars.
- In the event of an incident on track, drivers must remain in their cars while safety crews assess the scene.
- If a car is disabled and needs to be taken into the paddock by a recovery vehicle, the driver will be transported back to their pit area by the ambulance.
- Regular Test Days: Full day $525 , Half day $325
- Session Days: $95-$325 prices per session, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for schedule
*Credit will not be given for mechanical failure, driver error, etc.
Drones & Unmanned Aircraft Systems
The use of drones or any other unmanned aircraft systems ("UAS") is prohibited unless approved in advance in writing by senior management from Sonoma Raceway.
Unleaded: 91, 96, 100, Leaded: 112, 114, 116
Contact your track day provider/race organization
6am the day of testing/event
Petaluma Oxygen 707.763.9353, AirGas 707.252.2211
AIM - Tim Barber 707.938.9193