Ride of a Lifetime Charity Auction at Toyota/Save Mart 350 Weekend
Twelve lucky race fans will get the "Ride of a Lifetime" with their favorite NASCAR Sprint Cup Series driver at the 25th Toyota/Save Mart 350 at Sonoma Raceway on Sunday, June 23. In addition, more than 20 racing and sports-related items will be up for grabs during a live charity auction benefitting Speedway Children's Charities (SCC), the charitable arm of Sonoma Raceway.
The Ride of a Lifetime Charity Auction, which benefits Sonoma County youth organizations through SCC, will feature the 12 Ride of a Lifetime experiences with top NASCAR drivers (full list below), NASCAR sheet metal, a Danica Patrick-signed fire suit, San Francisco Giants Buster Posey-signed bat, S.F. Giants pitcher Matt Cain autographed jersey, signed prints by NASCAR Sprint Cup Series stars, and much, much more.
Fans can take part in the festivities on race day, June 23, by placing the top bid at the live charity auction beginning at 10 a.m. in the Wine Country Winner's Circle (item preview begins at 8:30 a.m.). The NASCAR Charity Auction raised more than $30,000 in 2012, and the local chapter is looking to top that number in 2013.
Listed below are the items up for auction during the Ride of a Lifetime NASCAR Charity Auction:
- Marcos Ambrose - Ride of Lifetime
- Jeff Burton - Ride of Lifetime
- Kurt Busch - Ride of Lifetime
- Kyle Busch - Ride of Lifetime
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. - Ride of Lifetime
- Carl Edwards - Ride of Lifetime
- Jeff Gordon - Ride of Lifetime
- Kevin Harvick - Ride of Lifetime
- Kasey Kahne - Ride of Lifetime
- Matt Kenseth - Ride of Lifetime
- Danica Patrick - Ride of a Lifetime
- Tony Stewart - Ride of Lifetime
- Buster Posey autographed bat
- Matt Cain autographed jersey
- Nomar Garciaparra autographed baseball
- Albert Pujols autographed baseball
- Troy Tulowitski autographed jersey
- NASCAR stock car sheet metal
- Kyle Busch - autographed photo
- Danica Patrick - autographed fire suit
- Marcus Ambrose - gloves
- Signed checkered flag
- Kevin Harvick - autographed helmet
- Dale Earnhardt "tiffany style", glass lamp
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. "tiffany style" glass lamp
- Diecast car models
- Clint Bowyer-autographed Korbel Champagne magnum
- Clint Bowyer-autographed photograph
- NASCAR Fan Vision
- Tag Heuer Watch
- San Francisco 49er veteran Brent Jones autographed football
Another way to support Speedway Children's Charities during NASCAR weekend is through the 8th annual Post-Race Track Walk. Fans will have the opportunity to walk on the racing surface just minutes after the checkered flag drops on the Toyota/Save Mart 350 and make a donation to SCC at each one of the access points. The walk will feature specially-painted lug nuts dropped around the road course, each of which is redeemable for a valuable prize at the Ticket Pit Stop located behind the Main Grandstand.
For more information or to get tickets for the 25th Toyota/Save Mart 350 weekend, visit racesonoma.com/nascar or call 800-870-RACE (7223). The Sonoma Chapter of Speedway Children's Charities is dedicated to helping children in need in Sonoma County and has distributed more than $4.3 million to qualified youth groups since 2001. For more information on the local chapter, visit racesonoma.com/scc.