Now Hiring: Marketing Coordinator
Marketing Coordinator, Sonoma Raceway
About the position:
The Marketing Coordinator will work with and support day-to-day operations of the Marketing Department. This position plays an instrumental role in the planning, promotion, and successful execution of Sonoma Raceway events, including (but not limited to) the NASCAR, NHRA and INDYCAR series.
The coordinator's responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Assist with major event weekend preparation, including event setup and deconstruction, sponsor/program fulfillment, supply orders, logistical support, and various day-of responsibilities.
- Support the planning and promotion of event activities and entertainment.
- Maintain general updates to sonomaraceway.com.
- Oversee and improve upon the Sonoma Raceway Kids Club program including recruitment, communications, promotion, and event activation.
- Assist with content collection and creation for use on digital and social media
- Perform general data entry, including program tracking and research (Scarborough)
- Assist with ticket orders, fulfillment and distribution
- Support graphic design and photography management projects
- Other duties as assigned by the Marketing Director and/or Marketing Managers
The ideal candidate:
- Bachelor's degree in communications or marketing.
- Previous experience in an event environment
- Positive attitude and ability to remain flexible in an ever-changing, collaborative environment.
- Self-motivator who is confident, energetic and creative.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to succeed in fast-paced environment; should be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize appropriately.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented and able to meet deadlines.
- MS Office competency required; experience with Photoshop and CMS platforms helpful.
- Able to work overtime and weekends for special program events.
- Able to carry up to 20 lbs.
What you can expect from us:
- Open communication from all members of the Marketing department.
- Fun, collaborative environment
- Passionate and professional colleagues
- Ability to work behind the scenes and gain hands-on experience at major motorsports events.
- High standards of excellence.
- Opportunity to maximize your abilities and learn new skills
- Fair compensation
- Annual salary
- Medical, dental and other insurance benefits
- 401(k) plan
- Vacation and paid holidays
Who we are:
Sonoma Raceway is situated in the Sonoma Valley and hosts the best in motor sports entertainment, including the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series, NHRA Mello Yello Drag Racing Series, Verizon IndyCar® Series, vintage car racing and more. The facility boasts a world-class road course, as well as a quarter-mile drag strip. In addition, the raceway hosts a variety of annual community and fundraising events (www.SonomaRaceway.com, @RaceSonoma, facebook.com/RaceSonoma).
Sonoma Raceway is an Employer of National Service. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
Please submit resume and cover letter (if desired) to: firstname.lastname@example.org