Benziger Family Winery, Infineon Raceway Host Dinner at Fior d'Italia TONIGHT!
The legendary Fior d’Italia Restaurant in the historic North Beach district of San Francisco will be the setting for a night of incredible food, world-class wines and a little bit of speed on Thursday, March 10.
Benziger Family Winery and Infineon Raceway will collaborate to host a very special wine dinner at the Fior d’Italia (www.fior.com), which opened in 1886 and is the oldest Italian restaurant in the country.
The night, which will begin at 6:30 p.m., will feature a wonderful five-course meal prepared by Chef Gianni Audieri paired with fine wines from Benziger Family Winery (www.benziger.com). Kathy Benziger, winery partner, will be on-hand to talk about Benziger’s Biodynamic®, organic and sustainable farming practices and how they equate to distinctive quality in wines.
The menu for the evening will feature:
- Appetizer: Crostinis topped with Smoked Salmon (Benziger, Lake Sauvignon Blanc, Sonoma, 2009)
- Second course: Assorted Italian Salami (Benziger, Pinot Noir, Sonoma, 2008)
- Third course: Fresh Lemon Risotto (Benziger, Chardonnay, Sangiacomo Vineyard, 2008)
- Fourth course: Peppered Duck with Mushrooms and Potatoes (Benziger, Signaterra Three Blocks – Cabernet/Merlot, 2007)
- Dessert: Cooked Cream Pudding with Muscat Sauce (Benziger, Bartolucci Vineyard Muscat, 2009).
The setting for the wine dinner will be the spacious Tuscany Room at the Fior d’Italia, and cost is $85 (plus tax and gratuity). The night will also feature a raffle with great prizes, including a Fior d’Italia Gift Certificate and a NASCAR-themed race package from Infineon Raceway for the Toyota/Save Mart 350, June 24-26.
Guests will also be able to purchase wines at the event, and receive a special discount on the featured wines through the Benziger Family Winery website.
To reserve your seat for the wine dinner or for more information, please call 415-986-1886 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.