Sonoma Raceway Cancels Racing Events Through April 17
In light of California's newly-released policy to slow the rate of COVID-19 transmission, Sonoma Raceway has canceled all on-track events through April 17.
The full policy, which can be found here, dictates that all social gatherings should be postponed or canceled across the State of California until further guidance is released by the California Department of Public Health.
Cancelled events include:
- Challenge of America ROK Kart race, March 27-29
- Bracket Drags, March 28-29
- Sonoma Show & Shine Car Show, April 11 (new date TBD)
- Wednesday Night Drags & Drift, April 15
- Sonoma Speed Festival, rescheduled for Sept. 4-6
- CSRG David Love Historic Car Races, April 18-19
"Although it is frustrating to cancel events and disappoint customers, we are facing an historic public health crisis and we all have a responsibility to respond appropriately," said Steve Page, Sonoma Raceway president and general manager.
Sears Point Racing Experience programs are currently suspended through April 19.
For information about ticket and participant refunds, Sonoma Raceway recommends contacting the event sanctioning body directly. Sonoma Raceway will continue to post scheduling updates through social media (@racesonoma) and its website.