New Golf Cart and Off-Road Vehicle Policy
To our fans,
Over the last several years we have been increasingly concerned about the unsafe use of personal motorized vehicles in our event campgrounds and other locations around the raceway facility. Although the problems are attributable to a small number of individuals, they put the safety of all our fans at risk. Many of you have reached out asking us to address this problem and we are doing so beginning with the 2020 event season. Please take time to review the details outlined below, which outline the new policies for 2020.
The new policy (see below) has two basic elements:
1. Beginning this year, the only personal motorized vehicles allowed on the property will be standard golf carts, which must be pre-registered with a credential that corresponds to the vehicle's identification number. The credential will include a $1 million liability insurance policy covering both you and the raceway.
2. Other personal, motorized vehicles, including ATVs, motorized bikes, scooters and side-by-side utility vehicles—any vehicle not licensed for street use—will NOT be allowed at Sonoma Raceway.
It is very important that you understand this new policy will be enforced strictly at all points of entry to the raceway and our campgrounds during the NASCAR and NHRA weekends. If you arrive on race weekend with a prohibited vehicle or a golf cart that has not been pre-registered, you will not be admitted into the property. We will continue to operate a robust fan transportation system to assist you in moving around the property during our events.
Our only goal in instituting this policy is to provide a safe, fun environment for all of our fans to enjoy a day or weekend at the races, particularly while enjoying time with friends and families in the raceway campgrounds.
If you would like to register a golf cart for the NASCAR and/or NHRA event weekends or have any questions about this new policy, please call your ticket representative or dial (800) 870-7223, option 2.
Thank you very much for your understanding and cooperation. We appreciate your support and look forward to seeing you at the races.
Steve Page President and General Manager
Sonoma Raceway New Golf Cart and Off-Road Vehicle Policy
New for 2020: Only registered golf carts with proof of insurance may be driven on raceway property during the NASCAR and NHRA event weekends at Sonoma Raceway. Other personal, motorized vehicles, including ATVs, motorized bikes, scooters and side-by-side utility vehicles, are NOT allowed at Sonoma Raceway. See below for registration information.
HOW TO REGISTER YOUR GOLF CART
If you plan to bring a golf cart to Sonoma Raceway during the NASCAR or NHRA event weekends, the following steps must be completed before arriving at the raceway:
- Golf cart must be pre-registered with a Sonoma Raceway ticket representative prior to 06/01/2020 for NASCAR and 07/10/2020 for NHRA
- Must provide: vehicle identification number, general vehicle description o Credentials will only be granted to non-modified golf carts.
- Cost: $175- includes golf cart registration credential and $1 million insurance policy
Sonoma Raceway reserves the right to deny approval of credentials at its discretion. Physically impaired, disabled or handicapped persons are permitted to bring a commercially manufactured, single-person electric convenience vehicle (ECVs) without a permit. Bicycles are also permitted on property.
On-site rules for golf carts are:
- Golf carts may be driven in camping areas and on paved roads on raceway property.
- Drivers must drive responsibly and follow posted speed limits.
- The number of passengers, including the driver, cannot exceed the number of seats in the vehicle.
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs, speeding and/or driving in restricted areas, including the racetrack or pit areas is prohibited.
- Drivers must be at least 16 years old and possess a valid driver license.
- Golf carts may not cross Highway 121 from the 50 Acres Campground to the raceway.
Golf Cart Curfew: No golf carts may be driven on raceway property after 9 p.m. with the exception of NHRA Friday night. On NHRA Friday night, the curfew will be extended to 10 p.m.
Only raceway employees and contractors may operate registered ATVs and side-by-side utility vehicles.
Violation of these policies will result in arrest, fines, and forfeiture of ticket renewal privileges