Wednesday Night Drags
The raceway's popular program gives people a safe, legal, controlled environment in which to drag race their cars, away from city streets.
Anyone with a driver's license can compete, providing their vehicle or motorcycle passes a simple technical inspection. All gas-propelled vehicles must have mufflers (if applicable). Almost any type of street-legal vehicle is eligible to run on the drag strip.
Racing for the first time? Find out what to expect
Events are held most Wednesday nights from Spring-Fall.
- Gates open at 3:30 p.m.; racing runs from 4 p.m.-10 p.m.
- If you plan on racing, you must be at the track by 7 p.m. The earlier you get here, the more timed runs you'll get.
- Racing may end earlier, depending on car count.
COST: Pay for your ticket at the gate - $35 to race; $20 to race with High School ID. $15 for spectators.
WHERE: 29355 Arnold Dr, Sonoma, CA, 95476.
MORE INFORMATION: Call the Drag Racing Hotline (707) 933-3450, as events are weather permitting, or visit the Sonoma Raceway Drag Racing Facebook Page.
What to Expect
- The main entrance is located at Gate 1 on Highway 121
- Follow the signs to "Tech" to get your car teched
- Once your car passes the simple tech inspection, a tech inspector will direct you to the staging lanes
Get Ready for Your First Run:
- Wait for your class' turn in the staging lanes
- Practice/timed runs start at 4 p.m. and end at 7 p.m.
- There will be 2-3 runs before the first round of eliminations
- Drag racing staff can help you with staging your car at the starting line.
- After each run you'll receive a time slip with your elapsed time and speed on the quarter-mile.
First Round of Eliminations:
- Eliminations start at 7 p.m.
- Make it to the final four in your class and receive a trophy! Remember, it's all about being consistent and getting good reaction times on the tree!