The Toyota/Save Mart 350 roars into Sonoma June 21-23, and it’s guaranteed to be a wild ride. It’s the biggest rush to hit wine country, and you won’t want to miss a second of the action on and off track.
National Anthem Casting Call
Sonoma Raceway invites performers of all ages to audition for a chance to sing the National Anthem during pre-race ceremonies throughout the 2019 racing season, including NASCAR, NHRA and others. To apply, simply fill out the application below, including a sample video or recording of a previous performance. Individual singers of all ages, instrumentalists and small groups are welcome to apply. Select performers will be invited to audition live at Sonoma Raceway before a panel of judges on March 13th or 14th in March. Applicants will be judged on vocal quality, stage presence and level of comfort performing with an audience. All applicants will be contacted whether they are chosen or not.
- National Anthem must be 1 minute, 45 seconds or shorter.
- Must be able to walk upstairs and stand on stage unassisted.
- Application submitted online with video or audio recording.
- Must be available for the live audition and listed race dates.
- Minors must be accompanied by a parent/guardian.
What the performer should expect
If chosen to perform, the individual or group will sing the National Anthem at Sonoma Raceway during pre-race ceremonies at one of the events listed below during race weekend. Depending on the event, the anthem may be televised, but will surely be broadcast onsite in front of thousands of race fans and spectators. Performers will receive tickets, credentials, and parking to the event which they are chosen for.
Potential performance dates
- June 22: NASCAR K&N Pro Series West, Carneros 200
- June 23: Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series, Toyota/Save Mart 350
- July 27: NHRA Mello Yello Drag Racing Series Pro Bike Battle
- July 28: NHRA Mello Yello Drag Racing Series, Sonoma Nationals
- February 5: Online applications open
- February 25: Deadline to submit online applications
- March 13 or 14: Live auditions at Sonoma Raceway
- March 28: Winner of contest chosen
- Early April: Announce winner via social media
For questions, email email@example.com
Yes, we accept all forms of performances from soloists to groups, as well as instrumentalists. We cannot accept bands due to time constraints.
No compensation or travel arrangements will be made by the Raceway.
The winner will receive a maximum of 6 tickets and 2 VIP parking passes for the day of the event at which they are chosen to perform.
It depends on the event.