Rules and Restrictions
Guest Code of Conduct
Sonoma Raceway staff supports an environment where guests can enjoy the event experience free from unacceptable behavior, including but not limited to the following:
- Foul/abusive language or obscene gestures
- Fighting, taunting, or making threatening remarks or gestures
- Excessive alcohol consumption or intoxication
- Any disruption of the event, including throwing of objects or trespassing in restricted areas
- Smoking in or around the seating areas
- Displays of affection not appropriate in a public, family setting
- Obscene or indecent clothing
- Sitting in a location other than your ticketed seat
Guests not adhering to the above code, or behaving inappropriately will be asked to leave the facility.
Please remember to be courteous and considerate while at Sonoma Raceway. If anyone is interfering with your enjoyment of the event, please contact the nearest Sonoma Raceway representative for assistance.
The following items are allowed at the raceway:
- Bags/Backpacks (may not exceed 18"x18"x6" in size)
- Coolers (may not exceed 15"x15"x15" in size)
- Plastic Bottles
- Seat Cushions
Guests are not allowed to enter the facility with the following items:
- Bottles/glass containers
- Fireworks/Sky Lanterns
- Inline skates/skateboards
- Lawn chairs and stadium-type seats with legs (all chairs must sit flat against your seat (No legs))
- Umbrellas in seating areas
- Weapons, including, but not limited to, guns, knives, stun guns and pepper spray
All items and persons are subject to search and seizure. You can choose to take prohibited items back to your car or surrender them to security. Once an item is surrendered it cannot be reclaimed.
Pets & Service Animals
Pets are allowed in camping areas only. Trained service animals are allowed in competitor pit and seating areas. Service animals must remain on a leash or in a harness at all times.
The following activities are not allowed on the raceway property.
- Solicitation for donations
- Unauthorized selling or buying of event tickets
- Unapproved selling of merchandise or services
- Unapproved distribution of any item
- Unapproved entertaining (organized concerts not approved by the raceway are prohibited)
For the health and comfort of all guests, smoking is prohibited in all seating areas, suites, concession stand lines, eating areas and restrooms. Guests may smoke on the ground level concourse behind the Main Grandstand and away from the seating areas in the Turns 2, 3, 7 and 9 Terraces. Electronic cigarettes, vapor cigarettes and cigars are subject to the same restrictions. Guests who fail to comply with this policy will be asked to leave the facility.
Campground Rules and Restrictions
- CHARCOAL barbecues are not allowed at Sonoma Raceway. Gas grills using propane are permitted
- Open flame or open pit campfires are prohibited
- Camping is permitted in designated areas only
- Quiet Time hours are enforced between 11 p.m. - 8 a.m. Music, portable generators, etc. must be turned off during those times
- Keep fire lanes open at all times. Cars will be towed away if parked in fire lanes.
- Offensive signs, public drunkenness and profanity will not be tolerated
- The selling of unauthorized merchandise is not permitted
- Alcohol may not be sold or distributed to people other than those staying in your RV or camping area
- Alcohol is allowed in camping areas. However, alcohol may not be brought from any camping areas into any seating or pit areas
- No waste-water dumping is allowed. Those caught dumping are subject to fine, arrest and immediate ejection from the raceway
- No fireworks
- No weapons of any kind
- No commerce
Gate 3, 50 Acres Campground
When you cross the highway from the 50 Acres Campground to the raceway, your tickets will be checked at Gate 3. Gate 3 closes each day one hour after the conclusion of racing. Once Gate 3 closes, you will not be able to walk back to your campsite in 50 Acres.
On NASCAR weekend and NHRA Saturday and Sunday evenings, a shuttle back to 50 Acres, once Gate 3 closes, will run until 8 p.m. The shuttle will pick up at Gate 3 and drop off at Gate 6 just inside the 50 Acres Campground.
Off-Highway Vehicles at the Raceway
Off-Highway Vehicles include, but are not limited to:
- Golf Carts
- Motorized Bikes or Scooters
- Side-By-Side Utility Vehicles
Off-highway vehicles are allowed at the raceway, but must be driven responsibly. Drivers must follow posted speed limits and keep vehicles in camping areas and on paved roads surrounding the raceway.
The number of passengers, including the driver, cannot exceed the number of seats in the vehicle.
Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs, speeding and/or driving in restricted areas, including the racetrack or pit areas, will result in arrest, fines, and forfeiture of ticket renewal privileges.
No one under the age of 16 is allowed to operate a vehicle at Sonoma Raceway. Drivers must have a valid driver's license.
Off-Highway Vehicle Curfew
No off-highway vehicles may be driven on raceway property after 9 p.m. with the exception of NHRA Friday night. On NHRA Friday night, the curfew will be extended to 10 p.m. Individuals driving off-highway vehicles after curfew will have their weekend raceway tickets confiscated and be asked to leave the facility.
Off-highway vehicles are not allowed to cross Highway 121 from the 50 Acres Campground to the raceway.