Official Rules of the Sonoma Raceway ‘Sonoma Rising- Hometown Hero’ Contest
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN PRIZE. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID OUTSIDE THE FIFTY UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA AND WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. NOT OPEN TO RESIDENTS OF NEW YORK OR FLORIDA OR RHODE ISLAND.
HOW TO ENTER. No Purchase Necessary. Beginning at 12:01 a.m. Tuesday, May 15, 2018, tell us about why your nominee is a Hometown Hero by completing the entry form on www.sonomaraceway.com/sonomarising. To be eligible, entries must be completed and received by the closing date, Sunday June 3, 2018 (11:59 PM PDT). Incomplete entries will be disqualified. All entries shall become the exclusive property of Speedway Sonoma, LLC aka Sonoma Raceway (“Sponsor”) and will not be acknowledged nor will they be returned. Sonoma Raceway is not responsible for lost, misdirected or delayed entries. Entries received by telephone, fax, courier or personal delivery will not be accepted.
1. Nominations are open to U.S. citizens who are 18 years of age or older and who are current First Responders of police, fire, and military. Active employees and agents of Sponsor, parent companies, affiliated companies, subsidiaries, partners, and any entity which is involved in any aspect of the creation, production, operation, execution or fulfillment of the contest (“Contest Entities”) and members of such active employees’ immediate families and individuals living in the same household with such employees, are not eligible to win. Void where prohibited or otherwise restricted by law. By participating in this Contest, entrants: (a) agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the interpretations of these Official Rules by Sponsor and the decisions of Sponsor; (b) acknowledge compliance with these Official Rules; (c) represent and warrant that he/she meets all the eligibility criteria set forth in these Official Rules. Entrants acknowledge that the Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook or Twitter.
2. Sponsor will choose a winner (“Winner”) from the nominees based on the heroism of the winner, as deemed by Sponsor in its discretion, after June 3, 2018 but before June 18, 2018. The Sponsor's decisions will be final in all matters relating to this Contest. The potential Winner(s) will be notified by phone and/or email between June 4, 2018 and June 18, 2018. The Winner will have 2 days (48 hours) from notification by phone and/or email to claim the prize. To claim prize, contact Sonoma Raceway ticket office at 800-870-RACE (7223) Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. or respond directly to the notification email sent by a member of Sonoma Raceway’s staff. The potential Winner(s) will be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility which affirms that he/she has complied with these rules; as well as a liability and a publicity release, each of which, must be completed and signed prior to issuance or the prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate Winner from all eligible entries. If any prize, prize notification or attempted notification is returned or undeliverable, the prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate Winner. Except where prohibited, acceptance of a prize constitutes Winner's consent to the use of his/her name and/or photograph without further compensation for advertising, promotions and publicity purposes by sponsor. By accepting a prize, Winner acknowledges compliance with these Official Rules. Odds of winning depend on number of entries.
3. Prize Details (“Prize”). Applicable age restrictions will apply. Where transportation is not provided, Winner is responsible for transportation to and from the event. Winner is responsible for all federal, state and local taxes, if any, and any other unspecified expenses associated with acceptance or use of the PRIZE. ENTRANTS ACKNOWLEDGE THAT SPONSOR HAS NEITHER MADE NOR ARE IN ANY MANNER RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION OR GUARANTEE, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR IN LAW, RELATIVE TO THE PRIZE, INCLUDING ANY EXPRESS WARRANTIES PROVIDED BY A PRIZE SUPPLIER THAT ARE SENT ALONG WITH THE PRIZE AND ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. PRIZE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” AND WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. Prize is non-transferable. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize of equal or greater value if advertised prize becomes unavailable. Prize involves a VIP experience to the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series, Toyota/Save Mart 350 held at Sonoma Raceway June 24, 2018. The Winner will be chosen based on the community support and heroism as indicated by nominating sponsor. Prize includes four (4) event tickets, (4) Pre-race passes, and VIP access to Driver Introductions. No extensions will be permitted, and any unused prize will be forfeited. Prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion or offer and may not be separated and must be accepted as awarded, cash equivalent substitution will not be available. All tickets issued in conjunction with the Prize are not eligible for substitution. PRIZES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. Prizes are non-transferable. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize of equal or greater value if advertised prize becomes unavailable. Total approximate retail value of all prizes awarded is between $750 and $900.
4. For the names of Winners and prizes won, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to "Sonoma Rising – Hometown Hero Contest Winners," Sonoma Raceway, 29355 Arnold Drive, Sonoma, CA 95476. The names of the Winners will also be posted at www.sonomaraceway.com/giveaways.com on or about June 4, 2018.
5. By participating in the Contest, Winner grants the right to Sponsor, and its representatives, affiliates, licensees and assigns, to record, film, videotape and photograph the Winner (“Images”). These Images will be owned by Sponsor. Sponsor and each of its designees shall have the right to use, re-use, reproduce, publish, display, exhibit, distribute, edit, adapt, post, stream, copy and exploit such Images, and all elements embodied therein, including any names, likenesses, address, voice, conversation, biographical and Prize information and any other attributes of Winner, individually or with others, in whole or in part, in conjunction with other material, if any, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, for the purpose of trade, advertising, publicity, promotion, or a Prize Winners List or any other lawful purpose whatsoever, in perpetuity, throughout the world, without additional compensation, consideration, notification or permission, except where prohibited by law.
6. By accepting the prize, the Winner, and any guest, acknowledges that Sponsor may not be held liable for any loss, damages or injury associated with accepting or using this prize(s).
7. By participating in the Contest, Winner acknowledges that Sponsor has not and will not obtain or provide insurance of any kind relating to the Prizes and that Winner is responsible for obtaining and paying for any form or insurance relating to the Prizes that Winner deems appropriate.
8. Winner and any guest, or applicable guardian if not of the age of majority, must sign a release form as prepared and accepted by Sponsor acknowledging their acceptance and understanding of the complete contest rules.
9. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Contest or any portion hereof, or to disqualify any individual implicated in any of the following actions, if for any reason: (a) infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering unauthorized intervention, actions by entrants, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which, in Sponsor’s sole opinion, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, (b) the Contest or any website associated therewith (or any portion thereof) becomes corrupted or does not allow the proper processing of entrants per these Official Rules, or (c) the Contest is otherwise not capable of running as planned by sponsor. ALL ENTRANTS RELEASE AND HEREBY AGREE TO INDEMNIFY, DEFEND, AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR, FACEBOOK AND TWITTER, AND ALL RELATED PARTIES FROM ALL CLAIMS/LIABILITY ARISING FROM THIS CONTEST OR ACCEPTANCE/USE OF ANY PRIZE BY ENTERING, PARTICIPANTS AGREE TO RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR AND EACH OF ITS PARENT, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, DIVISIONS, ADVERTISING AND PROMOTIONAL AGENCIES, AND EACH OF THE FOREGOING ENTITIES’ EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, SHAREHOLDERS AND AGENTS (COLLECTIVELY THE “RELEASED PARTIES”), FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, ACTIONS AND/OR LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURIES OR DEATH, LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND ARISING FROM OR IN CONNECTION WITH PARTICIPATION IN AND/OR ENTRY INTO THE CONTEST OR ACCEPTANCE OR USE OF ANY PRIZE OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY CONTEST-RELATED ACTIVITY AND FOR ANY CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION, INVASION OF PRIVACY AND MERCHANDISE DELIVERY. The released parties are not responsible or liable for any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, and assume no responsibility for: (a) any error, omission, interruption, defect or delay in operation or transmission at any website, (b) failure of any entry to be received by Sponsor due to mail delivery, technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the internet or of any website, (c) communication lines, hardware and/or activate failures, or (d) damage to any computer (software or hardware) resulting from participation in the Contest. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY A WINNER WILL RESULT IN SUCH WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS A WINNER OF THE CONTEST AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS A WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
10. Any valuation of the prizes stated above is based on available information provided to the Sponsor, and the value of any prize awarded to a Winner may be reported for tax purposes as required by law. Winners are solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes. Winners must provide the Sponsor with valid identification and a valid taxpayer identification number or social security number before any prize will be awarded. Any person winning over $600 in prizes from Sponsor will receive an IRS form 1099 at the end of the calendar year and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS.
12. OPT OUT. Individuals can halt all future Sweepstakes and/or Contest mailings by mailing a notice to Sponsor at StopMail c/o Sonoma Raceway, 29355 Arnold Drive, Sonoma, CA 95476. Request must include full name and mailing address. Within sixty (60) days of receiving the StopMail notice, Sponsor will remove the individual's name from any future Sweepstakes and/or Contest mailings.
13. Winner must be living and able to attend the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup series, Toyota/Save Mart 350 race on Sunday, June 24, 2018. Winner will be required to arrive at Sonoma Raceway, no later than 10 a.m. on Sunday, June 24, 2018.
14. For entry information and complete Official Rules, by which all entrants are bound, go to www.sonomaraceway.com/Giveaways.
15. Sponsor reserves the right to withdraw or terminate this contest at any time without prior notice.
Highways 37 & 121
Sonoma, CA 95476
Copyright ©2018 Sonoma Raceway