Sonoma Raceway Toy Drive Benefits Sonoma Valley Children
Sonoma Raceway will take the green flag on the 12th annual High-Powered Toy Drive, Nov. 24, which will raise the holiday spirits of Sonoma Valley children in need. The raceway will partner with several Sonoma Valley businesses to help put smiles on hundreds of faces throughout the community.
All toys collected during the toy drive, which runs through Dec. 10, will be distributed to more than 250 children at the raceway's annual Race to the Holidays Christmas Party on Saturday, Dec. 13. New, unwrapped toys and gifts for children from newborn to 12 years old are needed.
Donations can be dropped off at the following locations in Sonoma until Wednesday, Dec. 10:
- Sonoma Raceway, 29355 Arnold Dr., Sonoma, 95476, 800-870-RACE, www.racesonoma.com, Mon.-Fri., 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m. Toys can also be mailed to the raceway.
- AAA Sonoma, 650 2nd St W, Sonoma, (707) 528-5900, Mon.-Fri., 8:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m., www.calstate.aaa.com.
- Agua Caliente Fire Department, 1 West Agua Caliente Road, 707-996-2102, 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Exchange Bank, 435 West Napa Street, 707-938-8358, Mon.-Fri., 9-5, www.exchangebank.com.
- Schell-Vista Fire Department, 23000 Broadway, Sonoma, 707-938-2633, 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Sonoma City Hall, 1 The Plaza, Sonoma, (707) 938-3681, sonomacity.org.
- Sonoma Index-Tribune, 117 West Napa Street, Sonoma, 707-938-2111, 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Sonoma Valley Fire Department, 630 Second Street West, Sonoma, 707-996-2102, 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
"I brought a family of seven today who aren't getting presents for Christmas besides this, and they are over there like they just got back from the North Pole," said Laurel Mohring, mentor facilitator for Sonoma Valley Mentoring Alliance, who attended the party in 2013. "And the look on the mom's face; it's pretty special too."
Gundlach-Bundschu Winery and its guests will again support the Toy Drive at the winery's HolidayPalooza on Saturday, Dec. 6. Bring a new, unwrapped toy to the tasting room all day for a complimentary tasting and special treats. The event will also feature live music by guitarist Alec Fuhrman and mini-bites by Crisp. The public is encouraged to attend from 11 a.m.-3 p.m. For more information, visit gunbun.com/calendar.
For more information on the Race to the Holidays Children's Christmas Party or High-Powered Toy Drive, please contact Jennifer Imbimbo at 707-933-3981 or firstname.lastname@example.org.