Sonoma Raceway Thanksgiving Food Drive Enters Final Week
Only one week remains to help those in need this holiday season, as Sonoma Raceway's 14th annual Thanksgiving Food Drive comes to a close on Monday, Nov. 24.
All non-perishable food items collected through the drive will be distributed to two Bay Area food banks: Friends in Sonoma Helping (FISH) and the Food Bank of Contra Costa and Solano. These donations will help alleviate increased demand during the holidays at these local food banks. Sonoma Raceway's annual food drive has generated more than 54,000 pounds of food over the past 13 years, including nearly 7,400 pounds in 2013.
Non-perishable food items for the Thanksgiving Food Drive can be dropped off at the following locations through Monday, Nov. 24:
- Sonoma Raceway (at Gate 1 or the main office), 29355 Arnold Dr., Sonoma. 800-870-RACE (7223), racesonoma.com.
- Sonoma Market, 500 West Napa Street, Sonoma, (707) 996-3411, sonoma-glenellenmkt.com
- Glen Ellen Village Market, 13751 Arnold Dr., Glen Ellen, (707) 996-6728, sonoma-glenellenmkt.com
- RKA, 7698 Bell Road, Windsor, 800-349-1-RKA, rka-luggage.com.
- Innerstave, 21660 8th St E, Sonoma, (707) 996-8781, innerstave.com
- Food items or donations can also be mailed to: Laurence Lea, Sonoma Raceway, Highways 37 and 121, Sonoma, CA, 95476.