Sonoma Raceway Thanksgiving Food Drive Enters Final Week
Only one week remains to team up with Sonoma Raceway and help those in need this holiday season, as the raceway's 16th annual Thanksgiving Food Drive comes to a close on Friday, Nov. 18.
All non-perishable food items collected through the drive will be distributed to two North Bay food banks: Friends in Sonoma Helping (FISH) and the San Francisco-Marin Food Bank. The donations will help alleviate the increased demand during the holidays at these local food banks. Sonoma Raceway's annual food drive has generated more than 66,300 pounds of food over the past 15 years, including more than 4,600 pounds in 2015.
Non-perishable food items for the Thanksgiving Food Drive can be dropped off at the following locations through Friday, Nov. 18:
- Sonoma Raceway (at Gate 1 or the main office), 29355 Arnold Dr., Sonoma. 800-870-RACE (7223), SonomaRaceway.com.
- Sonoma Market, 500 West Napa Street, Sonoma, 707-996-3411, sonoma-glenellenmkt.com
- Glen Ellen Village Market, 13751 Arnold Dr., Glen Ellen, 707-996-6728, sonoma-glenellenmkt.com
- RKA, 7694 Bell Road, Windsor, 707-836-7659, rka-luggage.com.
- Food items or monetary donations can also be mailed to the raceway: Jen Imbimbo, Highways 37 and 121, Sonoma, CA, 95476
RKA Motorcycle Luggage will continue its annual tradition of hosting a motorcycle group ride on Saturday, Nov. 19, which will include a pit stop at Sonoma Raceway to drop off collected food items and a spin around the Sonoma Raceway road course. For more information and to sign up for the ride, visit www.rka-luggage.com.