Now Hiring: Part-Time Security Guard
Sonoma Raceway is looking for a part-time Security Guard to work at the raceway's main entry gate. Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Greet customers as they enter the facility and ask them to sign an entry waiver
- Monitor security cameras throughout the property
- Roving patrol during large track rental and major events including NASCAR, NHRA and IndyCar
- Assist full-time security with Wednesday Night Drag and Sonoma Drifting events
- Provide escorts for guests to and from camping areas
- Guard hospitality and vendor display tents, show cars/equipment and interior and perimeter gates
- Parking/traffic control
- Confiscations and report writing
- Current California Guard Card is required
- Basic computer skills (familiar with Microsoft Word and Excel) are also required
- Valid driver's license
The guard will be asked to fill-in shifts monitoring the main gate. The times vary from 6 a.m. to 2 p.m., 2 p.m. to 10 p.m. and from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m. the following morning. Guards may also be asked to fill-in roving shifts from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. or 8 p.m. to 4 a.m.
- March-September, approximately 30 hours per week
- October-February, less than 30 hours per week
The position pays $14 per hour. You will also receive six weekend tickets to each event ($3,000 value).
Sonoma Raceway is one the premier road racing venues in the country. Located at the gateway of the scenic Sonoma Valley, just 30 miles north of the Golden Gate, Sonoma Raceway is host to one of the nation's most diverse racing and motorsports schedules.
Please submit resume and cover letter (if desired) to firstname.lastname@example.org