Earlier Start for Charity Auction at Toyota/Save Mart 350 Weekend
Race fans can take home a piece of the action on race day, June 22, at the Speedway Children's Charities (SCC) charity auction. With nearly 40 incredible items from the racing and sports worlds, including "Ride of a Lifetime" experiences with top NASCAR drivers, there is sure to be something for everyone.
The action gets under way in the Wine Country Winner's Circle at 8 a.m. for the auction preview, and the first gavel drops at 9 a.m. for the live auction. This year’s auction starts an hour earlier than usual, so fans can fit in even more pre-race fun.
Fifteen race fans will win a "Ride of a Lifetime" with their favorite NASCAR Sprint Cup Series driver during pre-race ceremonies, which includes the chance to ride around the road course in the back of a Toyota Tundra during driver introductions.
In addition, more than 30 racing and sports-related items will be up for grabs during a live charity auction benefitting SCC, the charitable arm of Sonoma Raceway. Some of the most highly-antiipated items include NASCAR sheet metal, autographed Brad Keselowski race gloves, San Francisco Giants pitcher Tim Lincecum signed baseball, NBA All-Star Point Guard Stephen Curry autographed Golden State Warriors jersey, helmet signed by Jeff Gordon, and much, much more.
Listed below are the items up for auction during the Ride of a Lifetime NASCAR Charity Auction on Sunday, June 22, at 9 a.m.:
· Kurt Busch - Ride of Lifetime
· Kyle Busch - Ride of Lifetime
· Dale Earnhardt Jr. - Ride of Lifetime
· Carl Edwards - Ride of Lifetime
· Jeff Gordon - Ride of Lifetime
· Kevin Harvick - Ride of Lifetime
· Kasey Kahne - Ride of Lifetime
· Matt Kenseth - Ride of Lifetime
· Danica Patrick - Ride of a Lifetime
· Tony Stewart - Ride of Lifetime
· Josh Wise - Ride of a Lifetime
· Denny Hamlin – Ride of a Lifetime
· Boris Said – Ride of a Lifetime
· Kyle Larson – Ride of a Lifetime
· David Gilliland – Ride of a Lifetime
· Kevin Harvick Autographed Left Front Fender
· Brad Keselowski Autographed Gloves
· Denny Hamlin Left Rear Fender
· Sonoma Raceway Aerial Photograph
· #34 David Ragan CSX/Farm Fresh/Taco Bell Talladega Die Cast Car
· 2010 Mount Veeder Magic Vineyards Cabernet Autographed by Jim Harbaugh
· Jimmie Johnson Left Front Fender
· San Francisco Giants Brandon Crawford Autographed Bat
· Kasey Kahne Autographed Hat
· Golden State Warrior Stephen Curry Autographed Jersey
· Brad Keselowski Autographed Gloves
· Jimmie Johnson Photograph
· Yoenis Céspedes Autographed Jersey Oakland A's
· Jeff Gordon Autographed Right Front 1/4 Fender
· Dale Earnhardt Jr. Wooden Hand-crafted Hauler
· Kasey Kahne Crew Fire suit
· Dale Earnhardt, Jr. team crew shirt
· Jeff Gordon Signed Helmet
· San Francisco 49ers Patrick Willis Autographed Jersey
· Ryan Newman Autographed CAT Hats
· San Francisco Giants Tim Lincecum Autographed Ball
· Jeff Gordon Autographed Right Rear 1/4 Fender
· Kasey Kahne - Crew Helmet
· San Jose Sharks Joe Thornton Autographed Jersey
Another way to support Speedway Children’s Charities during NASCAR weekend is at the 9th annual Post-Race Track Walk. Fans can walk on the racing surface just minutes after the checkered flag drops on the Toyota/Save Mart 350 and make a donation to SCC at each one of the access points. The walk will feature specially-painted blue lug nuts dropped around the road course, each of which is redeemable for a valuable prize at the Ticket Pit Stop located behind the Main Grandstand.
For more information or to get tickets for the Toyota/Save Mart 350 weekend, visit racesonoma.com/nascar or call 800-870-RACE (7223). The Sonoma Chapter of Speedway Children’s Charities is dedicated to helping children in need in Sonoma County and has distributed more than $4.5 million to qualified youth groups since 2001. For more information on the local chapter, visit racesonoma.com/scc.