11th Annual Thanksgiving Food Drive Ends Tomorrow!
Infineon Raceway will take the checkered flag on its 11th annual Thanksgiving Food Drive, Nov. 18. These continue to be very challenging economic times, making this year's food drive more important than ever.
All of the non-perishable food items collected will be given to Friends in Sonoma Helping (FISH) and the Redwood Empire Food Bank in Santa Rosa.
The raceway’s food drive has generated more than 28,000 pounds of food since its inception in 2001, including 10,000 pounds in 2010.
“We were thrilled to hear Infineon Raceway wanted to partner with us again on the food drive,” said Vicki Schnurpfeil, FISH volunteer coordinator. “With so many people out of work, we’re getting more and more calls for food.”
Those who would like to donate to the food drive can drop off non-perishable food items to the following locations:
- Infineon Raceway Front Office, 29355 Arnold Dr., Sonoma. 800-870-RACE (7223), www.infineonraceway.com.
- Sonoma Market, 500 West Napa Street, Sonoma, (707) 996-3411, www.sonoma-glenellenmkt.com
- Glen Ellen Village Market, 13751 Arnold Dr., Glen Ellen, 707-996-6728, www.sonoma-glenellenmkt.com
- Destination RKA, 930 Shiloh Rd, Bldg 41-C, Windsor, (707) 836-7659. www.rka-luggage.com.
- Food items can also mailed to: Jennifer Imbimbo, Infineon Raceway, Highways 37 and 121, Sonoma, CA, 95476.
The mission of the Redwood Empire Food Bank (www.refb.org) is to end hunger in its community. Since 1987, the Redwood Empire Food Bank's service has grown to meet the rising need for food assistance and expanded to focus on providing as much healthy food as possible and including nutrition education as an integral part of many programs. The REFB currently assists over 78,000 Sonoma County residents every month.
FISH (www.friendsinsonomahelping.org) has been helping Sonoma Valley residents in times of need since 1970 and provides not only food, but clothing, transportation and emergency rental assistance to Sonoma Valley residents in need.
For more information on the food drive, contact Jennifer Imbimbo at (707) 933-3981 or firstname.lastname@example.org.